Friday, October 17, 2008



A couple pictures Haileyl took.

After giving Jack his bath, daddy and mommy had fun playing with his hair.

He thinks it's funny too.

Max climbed up next to me while I was feeding Jack this morning and started petting his head. Then he said "Is he my bwudder (brother)?" We got ready and took Hailey to school. While I was helping Hailey change into her gym shoes, a bunch of kids came up and said hi to Max. We walk by Hailey's classroom window on our way back to the van. All the kids were standing in front of the window waving to Max as we walked by. He really liked that and waved back as we walked to the van. He didn't stop waving until he got in his carseat. When we got back home, Max and I made a road with a long piece of cardboard that he found at the store yesterday. (When he saw it at the store, he picked it up and said "Can I hab dis? I need dis for my road, for my cars to dribe on it. Can I take dis home, Can I?" Max held onto one end and Hailey held onto the other. They carried it over their heads and pretended to be a choo choo train as we walked through the parking lot.) Max was really excited when I got the markers out to draw the road. He got a green crayon and started coloring on it as I was drawing the roads. He said "I makin grass." After I was done, he asked me for the marker and started drawing a line down the middle. He said "I makin a-nudder one road." He sure had fun driving his cars, trucks, and tractors on it. He lined them all up and then moved them each a little bit one at a time until he got them down to the other end. Then he would turn them all around to go back the other way. He played like this the whole time Hailey was in school. Hailey asked to try giving Jack a bottle. He took it right away for her and drank the whole thing. She was so happy and said "He only will drink a bottle for me. That's cause he loves me." While I was getting lunch ready, I put Jack in his bouncy seat in the kitchen. Hailey was in the living room playing dress up. He started crying and she ran over to talk to him. She shook the pom pom in front of him and right away he stopped crying and started laughing really hard. Then she would tickle him with it on his leg or cheek and he would laugh every time. I wish I would have thought to get the camera out sooner because he was getting a little tired of it by the time I started videoing. He wasn't laughing near as much as he was. It was so funny. When Bruce got home from work, we dropped Max off at Aunt Meme's house. We stayed and visited for awhile. The kids all had alot of fun playing together. Max was really excited about getting to spend the night with Jacob. And Hailey was very excited to go to Nana's house. We decided to take Hailey out for dinner before taking her to Nana's house. We went to Bob Even's. She often tells us this is her favorite restaurant and always begs for one of those Peanut Butter Cut Sundaes for desert. She has never had one before so we thought we would do something special and let her get one today. Well, when we told her we were going to Bob Even's for dinner, she said she didn't want to go eat, she just wanted to go to Nana's. We went anyway thinking she would be happy when we told her she could get one of those deserts. But the whole time we were eating, she kept begging to leave. And when we told her she could get a desert, she said she didn't want one. She really just wanted to get to Nana's house. We told her that mommy and daddy wanted desert and talked her into getting hers. She only ate about half of it and as soon as we were done eating our, she said "Ok let's go." Any other time she would have been thrilled to go to Bob Even's and get a desert. She's been looking forward to spending "five nights" at Nana's house for a couple weeks now. And all this week she been counting down the days until she got to go. She was very excited when we pulled into Nana's driveway. Bruce and I only stayed for about 10 minutes cause it was getting late and we still had some packing to do. Hailey was rushing us to leave too. She just wanted us to go so she could start her fun time with Nana and Papa. I finished packing Jack's and my stuff. We ended up staying up until 1:00 and had to get up at 5:00.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet that Hailey was so excited to stay at Nana's house. I can't believe she didn't even want desert. Nana must be pretty special!

Anonymous said...

That's my girl Hailey. Nana and Papa had so much fun with you and loved having you stay with us for 5 whole days. WE LOVE YOU!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Here's hugs and kisses for you, Max and Jack!!!

Anonymous said...

I think them pictures of Jack are sooooo cute.