Thursday, October 2, 2008



Max hiding on me.

Jumping up after I found him.


Bruce took Hailey with him to run some errands this morning. Max was still complaining that he didn't feel well. I cuddled with him for awhile on the couch. Then he got down to play. We played with Lego's and made a train. He pushed it all around the house. Then we played hide and seek. He hid in the same spot every time. Daddy and Hailey didn't get home until 2:00. Max and I were having so much fun that I didn't realize what time it was and we had just sat down to eat lunch. After lunch, I put Max down for a nap. Hailey and Daddy played with the small Lego's. Then Bruce went out to organize the shed. Hailey played outside on the swings. I layed Jack down in the crib while I folded some laundry and put it away. He stared up at the mobile for awhile. When I came into the bedroom to put some clothes away he was sucking his thumb and falling asleep. It was so cute. I wish I could have gotten a picture but didn't want to wake him up. I worked on putting away clothes that have been piling up in our bedroom and needed to go in buckets in the shed. Clothes have been piling up in laundry baskets in our bedroom since Jack was born. It's all stuff that Hailey's grown out of or stuff that I got at garage sales that don't fit yet. When Max woke up we left to go get some small clear buckets to organize our closet in the utility room better. But first we stopped at Salvation Army. We let the kids each pick out a book. Max found a tractor book that is shaped like a tractor and even has wheels. He pushed along the floor as we walked through the store. We went to Menard's but they didn't have the size we were looking for. We let the kids play for a little while. we went to Meijers. We found some there that will work. Max wore his underwear to the stores. He has been doing so well on the potty. Yesterday he even went all day without an accident. And he only had one today. He's even pooping on the potty now. We started giving him candies (yogos) every time he pees and "special candies" (candy corn) f0r poopoo. He gets really excited and says "Now I can get two candies" after he goes potty. I know the experts say it's not good to use candy as a reward, but hey, whatever works right? I'm just happy to not have to be cleaning up messes all day long and very glad he's not pooping on the floor any more. He did really good going on the potty at the stores and stayed dry the whole time. He was very proud of himself for being such a big boy. We got home at 8:00 so right away started getting the kids ready for bed. I got Max ready for bed while daddy got Hailey ready for bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures of the boys. I love the smile on Max's face when you found his hiding place. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Max is doing so well at potty training. Hey, I'm with you on whatever works:) I love the smiling pictures of the boys!