Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 4








Jack and I woke up at 10:00 again. After getting dressed and ready for the day, I put Jack in his stroller and went for a walk. First, we walked a couple blocks to a bagel place for breakfast. All the workers at the bagel place were very friendly. They came around the counter to see the baby. Even the manager came around to see him. They were all crowded around Jack talking to him, and he gave them a bunch of smiles. They talked to us for quite awhile. After I sat down at a table to eat my bagel, the manager came over and gave me a cup telling me I could help myself to all the drink machines. He said "Bless that baby" as he walked away. It's like they don't see babies to often around here so everyone is always stopping us to see the baby everywhere we go. And we really didn't see too many kids or babies the whole time we were in Chicago. It was really weird. Even the cab drivers couldn't answer our questions about car seat laws here. We walked around our block a couple times before heading back to the hotel. I read some of my book after putting Jack down for a nap. After reading a couple chapters, I ended up falling asleep too. When we woke up, I put Jack back in his stroller to go get lunch. We walked a few blocks and tried going to Subway but couldn't get there with the stroller because you had to go up some steps to get to it. So I went to Dunkin Donuts instead and got a sandwich and some chocolate milk. When we got back to the hotel, Jack enjoyed laying on the bed by me playing with some of his toys. I rolled up a blanket under him so he could play while laying on his belly and he really liked it. He took another nap before Bruce got back from the competition. We found a really good sub place for dinner. We also got cookies for desert and then got a mocha on the way back to the hotel.

No comments: