Friday, October 10, 2008

A fun day watching the parade that comes down our road.








Kimmy took this picture of Jack. I love what she did with it.

Bruce let me sleep in and took Hailey to school. I woke up just before he got back. He just dropped Max off and went back to the school to help. The scheduled helper didn't show up. I folded clothes and was putting them away while Max layed in our bed and hid under the covers on me. I would say "Who's sleeping in my bed?", and then I would go tickle him. He was laughing so hard. Then he would say "Do it again, mommy. Say 'who's sleeping in my bed' again." It was funny how he changed his voice to say it just like I was saying it. I gave Champ. Max enjoyed helping me. While helping me shampoo him, Max started rubbing the shampoo all over his cheeks, in his hair, and up and down his arms. So I let him get in the shower with Champ. He loved it and kept saying "Am I taking a shower with Champ?" After I rinsed Champ he said "Do he hab (have) big ears?" Champ does look like he has big ears when he's wet. You could say Max is completely potty trained now. If he happens to have an accident, he only goes a little bit in his pants and finishes in the potty. All day today, he would turn the light on in the bathroom and then turn it back off saying "It will be fun to pee in da dark." He was very lovey with Jack today and would run over to him anytime he heard him cry and start talking to him in a soft voice. He loves to hear Jack coo and always laughs and says "Jack say dat" and then imitate the sound Jack just made. After daddy and Hailey got home from school, we went to get some groceries. Bruce said that the first thing Hailey said when she walked into her class this morning was telling the teacher that a parade was coming to her house today. When we got back home, we all played outside. Then we took a walk around the block. The kids like picking up sticks and leaves on the way. We stopped at the neighbors to visit. Aunt Meme and the kids showed up to watch the parade too. The kids played while we got ready for the parade. We got our cameras and pails for the kids and put Jack in his stroller. They threw tons of candy. Hailey, Max, and Jacob all got their buckets full. Adam was a little slower at picking them up. But he started getting the idea, and it was cute to watch him put them right into his pail one at a time. Max and Jacob loved the firetrucks. Hailey, of course, covered her ears. Jack slept through the whole parade. The kids all sat down in the grass to eat some of their candy. Then they played some more. They had fun in the sand box. After eating dinner, we took Hailey to dance class. Max wanted to watch the Cars movie that another boy brought and had playing on a portable DVD player. But the boy kept moving over in front of Max blocking him from being able to see. Max would move over a little to see and the boy kept looking back and scooching over to block him again. I felt bad for Max. He looked a little sad. I think he knew that the boy was doing it on purpose. So I picked him up and stood with him so he could see over the boys shoulder. That made him happy. After a little while though, the boy noticed and moved closer and put his face right up close to the screen blocking it completely. I took Max over to the drinking fountain for a drink and that got his mind off the movie. We went for donuts and a mocha afterwards. After getting the kids to bed, Bruce and I made nachos and sat down to watch TV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max says such funny things:)

Anonymous said...

great parade pictures. I love what Kimmy did with the picture of Jack too!