Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Sunday, December 23, 2007

We all slept in this morning since we were up so late last night. Hailey and I slept till 10:00, but Max and daddy were already up when we got up. I think Max slept in till about 9:00. He started getting tired though and ready for a nap already by the time we got up and ate breakfast. We got ready to go another Christmas party on Bruce's mom's side of the family. Bruce's mom was very sick with pneumonia so she wasn't able to make it to the party. We stopped to see Bruce's brother, Brian's new house on the way there. The kids had fun playing with Sebastian and Pele again. We opened some gifts from them before we left, and then Bruce stopped by his mom's house to pick up the brownies she had made for the party. On the way over to his mom's house, I rolled my window down to dump out a sippy cup and the window got stuck down. It had started snowing really hard and the wind was really blowing hard. We were getting pretty cold. We were almost to Bruce's mom's house, so we just kept driving. I put hats on the kids and gave them blankets to wrap up in. Hailey was complaing about being cold the whole time, but Max just fell asleep. The kids and I stayed in the car while Bruce ran in quick to get the brownies. He didn't have anything to put up over the window, so we had to drive to the store to get some stuff. When we got to Home Depot, one of the cart corrals blew across the parking lot. It was so windy. He came out with a roll of plastic and started rolling it around the window. His hat and gloves were barried under all the stuff we had packed in the van, so I gave him my hat and gloves to wear. It was so funny. I was laughing so hard. I helped him as much as I could with rolling the plastic on. We were both freezing. Good thing I had a hood on my coat and an extra pair of gloves in my pocket. We got it on as best as we could in the wind and then drove to the party. The party was nice, but not the same without Bruce's mom there. Santa came and brought all the kids their gifts. They each got to sit on his lap for a picture too. Hailey didn't want to sit on his lap though, but she did go up and get her gift from him when he called he name. The kids all had fun playing with there new toys. Hailey also had fun going up to all the little babies and talking to them. She especially liked Kaden whom she said had really soft hair. We had a nice dinner and also had a nice time visiting with some of the family that we don't get to see to often. Hailey and Max had lots of fun playing with all their little cousins. After the party, we stopped at Bruce's dad's house again so he could work on the window in the garage out of the wind. Max cried the whole way there because of the noise that the plastic was making from blowing in the wind while we were driving. The roads were getting pretty bad already and we had planned on leaving for our long trip back home tonight. Nonnie called while Bruce was working on the window and told us not to leave tonight cause the roads were getting too bad. I knew it was getting bad out, so I called my mom and asked her if we could start the Christmas party a little later if we didn't get to leave tonight. She said that would be fine so I went out to the garage and told Bruce we were staying, and Brenda went downstairs and brought the mattress up, the crib, and all the bedding. She got everything ready for us to stay. Bruce took the door panel off the door and ended up getting the window to stay up even though it is still not working, but at least it is stuck up now instead of down. When he came in, he got on the computer and thought he could still drive home. He thought the roads would just be really bad until we got about 50 miles away, but once we got past that they would be ok the rest of the way home. Brenda and I tried to talk him out of it, but he had pretty much made up his mind. So we ended up leaving even though Brenda had gotton everything all ready for us to stay again. I felt so bad she did all that work for nothing. It was so scary driving home. The roads were TERRIBLE. There were whiteouts because of the wind and it was snowing really hard. We couldn't see anything in front of us when there was a whiteout. One time, Bruce started driving off on the side of the road so I freaked out cause it was so bumpy driving off the road and we couldn't see a thing. I didn't know if we were going to hit a tree or something. Bruce said not to worry cause he had everything under control. I couldn't help it though. It was horrible out, the worst I've ever seen. It didn't really lighten up untill the halfway point, and it took us an extra hour to get home. The kids fell asleep on the way home. I was very glad to get home safely and get the kids in their nice warm beds.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you put all the pictures on. I love seeing all the family get together pictures as I don't get to see Bruce's side of the family much. All the kids are adorable in the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awful trip home. I'd be a nervous reck also.