Sunday, December 2, 2007

More Birthday pictures!










Max loved rolling around in
all the tissue paper.









This was one of Max's favorite things. He called it a ball and kept
throwing it around.


















Max got a bunch of phone calls this morning. Everytime someone would sing Happy Birthday to him, he would blow. As soon as I was feeling well enough, I went over to my mom's to get ready for the party. I was hoping to get over their earlier, but felt too sick to get ready right away this morning. I've been having alot of morning sickness. I didn't get to my mom's house till 12:30. We ate lunch when we got there, and I got a few things done while the kids played. After getting Max down for his nap, my mom and I started decorating the cake. It turned out really cute. Haiely helped me start decorating while my mom ran to the store. Hailey loved helping set the plates and stuff on the table. She also helped me decorate a party hat. Since Max loves trains so much, we did a Thomas the Train Engine theme, but they didn't have any party hats to match. So I just covered a birthday hat that we had saved from last year with blue construction paper and put a Thomas the Train Engine sticker on it. Then Hailey helped me glue on some yellow circles that I had cut out. It turned out pretty cute. My mom came back with a baby Jesus snowglobe for Hailey. The one she had broke this year from being stored out in the shed. She was really upset about it. She really happy to get another one from Nana. I ran to the dollar store to get the balloons while Max was still sleeping. He woke up shortly after I got back. We didn't have the streamers hung yet so I told my mom to just take him into the living room while until we finished decorating. I wanted to get videos of his first reaction to the decorations. But as my mom carried him down the stairs, he noticed the balloons in the dining room. I thought he was looking at the Christmas lights on the staircase and said "Are those pretty lights?", but he said "No, pretty bwoons" pointing toward the dining room. He could barely see them around the corner. We couldn't believe he even noticed them. We distracted him and took him to the living room. Bruce showed up and helped keep him busy in there while we hung the streamers. When Grandpa got there, the kids were so excited to see him and ran up to him. We had sloppy joes and chips, and then it was time for cake and icecream. Max started blowing before the candles were even lit. He used his spoon the whole time to eat his cake and icecream, and didn't like getting any cake on his hands. He kept saying "hands dirty" and I would have to wipe them with a napkin. Hailey was messier than him when they were done. She picked hers up and ate with her hands. When it was time to open gifts, Max layed on the big present and said "I go night night". Hailey wanted him to open hers first. She was really excited to give him it. He was so happy with the little Thomas the Train Engine she got him that he didn't want to open any more gifts. He started playing with the train right away, and we had a really hard time getting him to open another gift. We finally got him to open the one from Nana and Papa. He really liked the Elmo flashlight they got him and laughed everytime we turned on the light and the mouth would open. He was Grandpa's little buddy tonight. He would show Grandpa everything he got. While we were trying to get him to open his next gift, he ran over and gave grandpa a big hug. He stayed there hugging him for quite a while. It was so sweet, and it sure made Grandpa happy. I was glad I got a picture of it. He finally did get through all his gifts. When he pulled out a bathscrubber from his Great Aunt Vikki, he called it a ball and started throwing it around. He loved rolling around in all the tissue paper when he was done opening gifts. He also loved playing with his balloons. It started snowing and sleeting shortly after that, so we quickly packed up and left before the roads got bad. When we got home, Hailey got her snowglobe out right away and put it by the nativity. She turned the music on and got her face up really close to watch the snow fall. After getting the kids in bed, I set up Max's new toys in the living room so he will see them first thing in the morning.




















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like he had a fun birthday. That picture with him hugging Grandpa is so cute! O and the hats turned out very cute.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting pictures of Max's birthday. Looks like he had fun!