Thursday, December 20, 2007










Bruce took the kids outside after lunch to play while I started packing. We are leaving to go visit Bruce's parents tomarrow, and we have a few Christmas parties to go to. I saw them making a snowman out the window, so I quick got my coat on so I could get a few pictures. Then Bruce pulled them around in the sled for a while. Then my mom came over and we went shopping. I amd finally just about done Christmas shopping. The store was out of one of the things I was planning on getting so we'll have to stop somewhere tomarrow on our way out of town to get something else. But other than that, we are all done with the shopping. Yeah! I helped the kids wrap their gifts for people when we got home. Max saw the suitcases on our bed and climbed in our big one pretending it was a boat. Then while Hailey and I were wrapping a gift, Max pushed his and Hailey's suitcases off the bed and then dumped the clothes out of our suitcase. The clothes that I had packed neatly in the suitcases were all over the place, so I had to reflold them all. It usually takes twice as long packing with the kids. Max just takes everything I pack out, and Hailey likes to "help" pack but always packs way too much stuff so then I have to unpack half the things she puts in her suitcase. They both liked helping wrap presents though. Even Max was helping put some tape on, even though he usually put it in the wrong spot sticking it just anywhere. I guess the presents will just have a little extra tape on them this year. And he really liked sticking the bows on. They both liked picking the color of bows for the gifts they were wrapping. Everytime we finished wrapping a present, Hailey would run and put it under the tree for me. She had to find the perfect spot for each gift under the tree, and she had them all stacked very nicely when we were all done. We finally got some candycanes, so I had the kids hang them on the tree this evening. It's funny cause they are all hung on the lower branches where they could reach, mostly all in the same area. Even though they are all exactly the same, Hailey had to look over each one carefully to choose which one she wanted to eat tonight. She got all excited when she found the perfect one. I gave the kids baths before bed, and Max pooped on the potty for the first time when he got out of the tub. When he looked in the potty he said "Ewe". He asked to go potty before he got in the tub too and peed. He was very proud of himself both times. When he was done, he danced around and said "Yeah, I go potty."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats going to be a short trip - you guys are coming to the party Sat - right? Have fun! Cute snowman - love the hair.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we will be at the party Saturday. We will be coming from Bruce's parents house, and then we are coming back that night for another party the next day with Bruce's mom's side of the family. Then we will come back for Christmas Eve at mom's house. I just realized we have a party everyday now till Christmas. Well, we'll see you tomarrow night at the party. Love ya. Melissa

Anonymous said...

I love the snowman pictures. Great job Hailey!!! Love Nana