Monday, December 3, 2007
































Max had a doctors appointment this morning for his two year well check. Hailey and Max had lots of fun playing with all the toys in the waiting room. Max got all the tractors and trucks out and Hailey liked the chalk board and the doll house. Max tried putting the riding car on the slide and then started climbing up to get on it. He was going to try riding it down the slide, but we quickly stopped him before he got the chance. When the nurse called us back, she had Max stand on the big scale. He did really good. He just wanted to hang on to the wall, so she told him to put his hands on his belly so he would let go. He did for long enough to get a weight on him. then she measured him. He had to turn around and point to all the numbers though before he would turn with his back against the wall. He was 34 inches and 26 pounds. When we got back to the room, he told the nurse about his birthday. He said "cake, icecream, candles", and then he said "I all dirty, cake hands" holding up his hands. He was very quiet when the doctor came in. He let her check him over and just stared at her the whole time. While we were there, we decided to get both kids their flu shots. Max was first and just cried a little, but stopped as soon as I picked him up. Hailey was whining and saying no while Max got his shot, but didn't cry at all when she got her shot. The nurse gave them both stickers. Max's sticker read "I got a shot and it was rough" and had a picture of a dog on it. Hailey's sticker had a cat on it and read "I got a shot and I was brave." Hailey asked us what the stickers said. Then she said "I was brave so my sticker says I'm brave, but Max cried so his sticker says he was rough." They got suckers on the way out. Max asked for a yellow sucker which seems to be his favorite color along with green. Whne we left, Max held on to his hat as soon as we walked outside. It was a bit windy today, and he didn't want his hat to blow off. This summer when his hats blew off, he would get really upset and cry. Then we went to Target, and he did the same thing as soon as he got out of the van. He said "I hold hat. It cold". It was so funny cause he would hold it everytime as soon as he felt the breeze. We saw my mom while we were in the store, so we walked around with her for a while. She had just stopped over, but we weren't home. It was nice that we still got to see her anyway. When we got home, we watched the Charley Brown Christmas. Hailey really liked watching it. Then Max started pretending that the couch was a boat and the floor was the water. He said "I in boat" and then put his bears on the floor and said "Bear in da wader". I gave the kids baths before getting ready for bed. Max loved playing with his new bathscrubber which he still calls a ball. He was throwing it around in the tub laughing, but it ended up falling in my lap once so I got soaked. Hailey thought that was pretty funny. Bruce read the kids their books tonight. It was so cute how they were cuddled up in the chair listening to the story. When I took Max's robe off to put his pajamas on, he grabbed the robe from me and said "I wan wobe on, Mama." He sure likes wearing it.

No comments: