Saturday, November 3, 2007





This morning, my dad came over to help Bruce with the kitchen. The kids were happy to see Papa. Max kept asking "What Papa doin?" while they were working. I got out the little tatoos that the kids got in the goodie bags from Omi. I put the spider and pumkin tatoos on them, one on each hand. Max was very interested in what I was doing. He was so excited to see the spider on his hand. He liked the pumkin too, but he loves bugs so much I knew the spider would be his favorite. The kids started getting pretty grumpy after just a few hours of being awake this morning probably from being up late for the last three nights now. I think it's just finally catching up with them. Hailey was crying over every little thing. So we ate an earlier lunch, and then I put them both down for a much needed nap. Bruce had to leave for work but my dad stayed and continued working on the pipes in the kitchen. I took the kids outside to play for a while after they woke up from their naps. I gave them rides in the wagon and they played in the playhouse. They love the now stearing wheel. Hailey gets the chairs out of the playhouse and puts them in front of the stearing wheel and pretends it's her car. She tells Max to sit in the backseat and buckle up. Then she trades and has him drive while she sits in the back. They have so much fun with it. Then I pushed them on the swings for a little bit before we went in. When I got Max out of the swing, he had a spider hanging on a web off his coat. He thought it was neat and kept touching it. I let him even though I really hate spiders. When he was done playing with it, I got a stick and got it off of him before taking him in the house. My dad was just finishing up when we got in the house. He stayed and ate sloppy joes with us, and then stayed and watched the football game for a while. We all ate some candy out of the kids bags for desert. Max has been coming up to me saying "trick or treat" all day trying to get me to give him more candy. It's hard not to give it to him every time cause he says it so cute with a big smile on his face. When I tell him he has to wait, he just walks away and starts playing again. But when I do give him a piece he gets so happy and says "tanchew (thankyou)" right away. Tonight, he looked at his hands and said "night night spider, night night pumkin", and then he gave them each a kiss. Hailey had asked if she could wear big girl panies to bed a few nights ago. We told her that if her pullup was dry for three nights in a row, she could try it. She has been very good at trying to go on the potty right before she goes to bed and first thing when she wakes up in the morning, and her pullup has been dry every night. Tonight she reminded me that she didn't have to wear a pullup cause she had three dry pullups. So tonight we are letting her sleep with her panies. She was so excited. She went and picked out what pair she wanted to wear tonight. She was getting so wound up telling me about how big she is now. I had a hard time getting her to calm down for her bedtime routine. She had a hard time going to sleep tonight too. I don't know if it was cause she was so excited or if it was cause she had a nap today. But it took her over an hour to fall asleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the sunglasses!

Anonymous said...

I do too. That picture reminds me of the one Vikki has hanging in her frame on the wall of Kenzie with sunglasses on when she was little. I always loved that picture of her. Lately Max wants to wear them all the time.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Good job Hailey! You can wear big girl panties to bed now. I'm proud of you. I love you!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox Here's some hugs and kisses for you. Love Nana

Anonymous said...

Hi Max! Thank you for the very cute message you left me on my phone. It made me so happy!! I love you. Here's hugs and kisses for you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox. Love Nana