Thursday, November 29, 2007





















I had set up Max's new playmat and cars last night after putting him to bed, so when he saw it this morning he got so excited and sat down right away to play with it. He kept pointing to everything naming what he saw "dat tree, dat dirt, dat water, dat rock, dat racecar, dat window, dat door." He would put the bulldozer in the dirt and say "Tractor ride dirt", and then he would pick it up and show me it saying "Tractor dirty" moving the tractor into the water saying "Tractor in the water a bath" pretending to clean it off. He loved having the wrecker pull the cars and putting all the signs, trees, and cones everywhere. He played with it for at least a couple hours straight and kept going back to it all day. This afternoon, we took the kids over to my mom's and she watched them while Bruce and I went shopping. We got alot of Christmas shopping done and got groceries too. When we got back, Hailey and Kenzie were practicing singing "Happy Birthday Jesus", a song that Kenzie sang at the church Christmas play a couple years ago. Hailey and Kenzie sing it so cute together. They've been singing it together for the last couple years. It's hard to believe Hailey could sing it and knew most of the words when she was Max's age. It's a pretty long song with a few different verses. She has always loved singing. She goes around the house singing all the time. My mom had put pink pajamas on Max, some of Kenzie's when she was little. It was past his bedtime, and I forgot to send some. It was funny to see him in pink. When we got home, Max went around giving all his stuffed animals and some of Hailey's dolls and the rocking horse a kiss goodnight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well its 1:56am so I guess I can say Happy Birthday Max. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Not yet Vik - tomorrow's the 1'st:)
I think Max looks taller with his new haircut. I'm glad he likes the playmat. Jacob's going to be excited when he opens up his on Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Vikki, you made my heart pause. I had to stop and think for sure if today was the first. I know you just wanted to be the first one to say Happy Birthday...Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you put the play mat Max got for his birthday on the blog. It's really cute and how nice that he loves to play with it for so long. He and Hailey were so cute here last night, especially when I got the tunnel out. I will have to show you the video. Max was so excited. So was Hailey, but Max just showed it so much. You have great kids and I'm blessed they have such a great mom and dad. Love Ya! Mom

Anonymous said...

OK Im sorry about the comment. I was one day ahead on my calender. Sorry Max, but Im sure he doesnt mind he got a present a day early. How fun! I would have loved it. Instead of the 12 days of Christmas it should be the 12 days of Max's Birthday. LOL