Friday, November 16, 2007

I got to sleep in till 9:00 this morning since there were no kids to wake me up. After drinking my morning coffee, I started working on pictures which I am way behind on. It's hard to write on pictures with the kids here cause they always want to look at them with me. I also did a little bit of cleaning around the house while they were gone. My dad stopped by to see the kitchen. He thought Bruce did a really good job on it. Hailey called me this morning to say hi, and then she gave the phone to Max to say hi too. It sounded like they were having lots of fun at Nana's and Papa's house. Kimmy stopped over at their house before they left for their trip. They are going to visit some of Jared's family for Thanksgiving. They will be gone for a week. It was nice that Hailey and Max got to play with Jacob and Adam for a while before they left. My mom brought the kids back home on her way to pick up Kenzie from school. Hailey was happy to see me and gave me a great big hug. Max fell asleep in the car. He was still sleeping when my mom brought him to the door, so I took him to go lay him in his crib. While I was carrying him to his room, he opened his eyes and when he saw me he said "Hi Mommy" and then closed his eyes again. He stayed asleep when I layed him in his crib. Hailey was all wound up and very hyper. She watched her dance class video and practiced. Max took a long nap, and when he woke up he asked "Where Nana? Where she go? What Nana doin?". I think he forgot he came home and was suprised to wake up in his bed. He was looking around like he couldn't figure out how he got there. He didn't fully wake up though when I carried him in. He just opened his eyes to say hi and then fell right back asleep. When Bruce came home from work, the kids were really excited to see him. They haven't seen him for a couple days cause he was working double shifts. He brought the mail in and Hailey asked if their was any for her (we always let her play with the junk mail). Then Max ran up to him and said "I wan mail too". He was so happy to get his mail. He said "tanchew (thankyou)" and sat down to play with his just like Hailey. Hailey started getting really grumpy right before dinner. She was whining about everything, even when she asked for a drink. I think she was worn out from all the fun she had at Nana's house. She probably stayed up later than usual. I should have had her take a nap too this afternoon, but I didn't think of it till she got grumpy and then it was too late. I have never heard her whine and cry so much over every little thing. She had dance class this evening. I was a little worried about how she would do with her being so tired, but she acted like she was excited to go when I got her ready. She helped me pick out the leatard she wanted to wear and got her dance shoes out to put on. When we walked outside to get in the van, Max said "I cold. I need hat." I put his hood up and he said "tanchew". When it was time to go into her class she started crying. I went to peek through the crack to see how she was doing. I saw the teacher talking to her but she was still crying. Then the teacher brought her out saying that she said she had to go to the bathroom. I knew she really didn't cause she just went before her class started. I took her in the bathroom anyway, and talked to her to see what was wrong. She just said she was cold. I took her back to her class, and the teacher came up to her again. When I looked through the crack, she was sitting on the stool next to the teacher. She sat there for just one song and then got down and stood on her square. The teacher came over and stood right in front of her so she could see her better. Then she started doing really good and did all the dances. Every time they finished a song, the teacher would give her a high five. She did super good with being right in front of the teacher. All she needs is a little eye contact with the teacher and she smiles and starts dancing. When we got home, Bruce started painting the kitchen. Max sat down on the floor in the doorway to the kitchen so he could watch. He was very interested in what daddy was doing. The kids played for a little bit before getting ready for bed. Max went around pretending to be a chicken (That's what he is doing in that last picture of him). Hailey fell asleep really fast tonight. She was so tired.

















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure did explain our car seat experience good. I think I am still tired from putting them in.
Sure had fun with the kids. They were so good. Hailey is a good helper now too. Max was really cute when Jacob came today. Jacob came in running saying hi nana to me and then Max ran up to me all excited saying hi Nana and hugging me just like Jacob. He was so sweet. You have very sweet kids. I can see your kind and caring heart has rubbed off on them. Love ya

Anonymous said...

You sure did explain your car seat experience good. Max's chicken is funny. Cute pictures.

Melissa said...

Max goes around pretending to be a chicken alot lately. He thinks he's so funny and laughs really hard. Of course we think it's pretty funny too. I sure can get a good smile for a picture when he's doing it.