Tuesday, January 13, 2009





Warming up by the fire.

Hailey took these pictures.





Fixing his car wheels.




This morning, I was going through Jack's clothes and putting the ones that don't fit anymore in buckets to go out to the shed. Jack had fallen asleep while I was feeding him early this morning so I just left him sleeping in our bed. I was sitting on the floor in our bedroom still going through the clothes when he woke up. As soon as Hailey heard him talking, she ran in and picked him up. Max came in soon after and they were both sitting on the bed talking to Jack. I continued putting clothes away while they entertained Jack. Then Hailey said "You're wet Jack, you need your diaper changed." Max said "I get one for you, Haywee." Hailey started taking off Jack's diaper and said "I need a wipe too." Max brought her a diaper and wipe. She finished changing him and did a pretty good job. You can sure tell she's been getting alot of practice with her dolls. I thought it was so sweet as I looked over at the two of them kneeling on the bed as they were taking such good care of their baby brother. They were both so proud of themselves for helping too. They stayed on the bed playing with Jack until I was done with the clothes. After breakfast, Hailey played with her dolls while Max played with his cars. I worked on cleaning up some of the clutter in our bedroom. Jack was so funny today. As I'm carrying him, he'll see something or somebody he wants, usually Hailey, and then lean way over to get closer to it. Every single time I pass by Hailey, he does it. I have to be careful because he is so quick. After lunch, daddy took the kids outside to play in the snow. They had fun climbing up the small hill from the snow blower. They made a slide down it and had alot of fun with that. They didn't want to come in when daddy had to leave for work. I had to feed Jack so I got a chair and sat out in front of the door in the utility room so I could watch them out the window. They were happy when I told them they could stay out a little longer. I enjoyed watching them play. They would climb up and then slide down the side of the hill. Then they would laugh as they ran around to do it again. By the time I was done feeding Jack, they said they were cold, and they were ready for some hot chocolate. They pulled chairs up in front of the wood stove to warm up while I made their hot chocolate. Around 3:30, I put Max down for a late nap. Hailey and I played dolls. I woke Max up for dinner at 6:00. He was very grumpy when he woke up. I knew he was just hungry but it took him awhile to calm down enough to take a bite. He was happy again as soon as he started eating. Hailey was hugging and telling her brothers she loves them alot all day. She was also very helpful when it was time to get ready for bed. She did such a good job cleaning up. Even after we had picked up all the toys, she went around looking for other things she could tidy up.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

I love the brother pictures in their stunt shirts.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Hailey with her dolls and also the look alike brother pictures. It sure makes Jack look older. Love ya

mom s said...

That last comment was from me. Love ya