Monday, January 5, 2009

Hailey and Max were playing in their bedroom for quite a while and when I peeked in on them, Hailey was reading books to Max and she had made a bed on the floor for him. He was very interested in the story she was reading him.

Then she brought some cars in to him and they played together with those for a long time. They were just playing in the bedroom like this all morning.





Hailey has been very helpful lately. She is always looking for ways to help with Max, Jack, or with things around the house. Max started crying while I trimmed his fingernails (like he always does). Jack was laying on the floor by us so I clipped one of Jack's nails to show him that it was OK. (Jack is very good about getting his nails trimmed. He holds very still and just watches.) Max just fights us with each nail. He really doesn't like it. I took turns doing one nail at a time switching back and forth between Max and Jack. Max was a little better but was still crying. When Hailey saw what I was doing, she came over to try to help. She said "Here, mommy can cut Hailey's nails too. It's not scary." So I did a couple of her nails too. Then when I went back to do one of Max's nails, Hailey held his other hand and said "It's OK, Max. Hailey was scared too when she was three." She rubbed his arm while saying "It's OK" over and over to him. After I got Max and Jack down for a nap, Hailey asked me to read her a Bible story. I told her to go get her Bible, and she pointed at my head and said "No, it's in your mind." I asked her which story she wanted to hear and she said "Jonah". She loved listening as I told her the story of Jonah and the whale and then a couple other ones. After dinner, the kids pretended to wrap presents for me using blankets. They would get little toys and wrap them up. Hailey also pretended to give me presents for my baby and would wrap doll clothes and blankets. They got so excited as I would "open" them. I love the look on their faces as I'm opening their presents. I decided to get some scraps of wrapping paper and some tape. Then we played store and pretended to buy gifts for each other. After buying their items, they would go and wrap them. Max loves wrapping presents and he's so serious while he does it trying to get it perfect. The kids also enjoyed opening the ones I wrapped for them. We had alot of fun.

2 comments:

mom s said...

It's so nice when brothers and sisters play so good together. Many happy moments. Nice how they like giving you those special presents. Love ya

Kimmy said...

Hailey's so sweet. I love how she helped out while you were trimming Max's nails.