Saturday, January 3, 2009

Friday, January 2, 2009




Daddy showing how relaxed Jack was in the water.







Hailey showing us how she could walk in the water and even let go.




I love how Hailey is looking up at daddy while they were talking in these next few pictures.

Max dunked his head in the water.
Then he said "I makin me all ha-sun (handsome)."
Jack was so cuddly when I wrapped him in his towel. He still loves to be wrapped up tight with his arms in. I enjoyed holding him and cuddling him while daddy and kids were still swimming. He was cooing and smiling as he looked up at me the whole time. It was so sweet.

I thought this picture of Jack was cute even though he is crying a little.


Just a few seconds later he was sound asleep. I was just putting him down while wrapped Hailey and Max's towels around them. The water must have tired him out.





"I make a airpwane!"






Bruce surprised us and made reservations to stay at a hotel. Hailey and Max were so excited to get to go and swim. (We love this hotel because of their very warm pool.) While we were getting ready to leave, Hailey sprayed Max's hair and fixed it. Then Max excitedly said "Look it, Mommy! I bery ha-sun (very handsome)." It was about an hour drive there. When we got to the hotel, Hailey and Max played with the toys in their backpacks while we unpacked. They sure were excited to see what toys I had packed for them, some favorites from home and some that I keep in them so that they have something "new" to play with. That's the first thing they wanted to do was play with their "special toys". They just love having their own little bag of toys. After playing with their toys they decided to check things out in the room. Hailey climbed in the bed under the covers and said "Oh, this bed is cotton. It's so soft." Then she asked me to come feel the soft blanket. It was really soft and that's what she was talking about when she said that the bed was cotton. Hailey and Max really liked the "big bathtub" too. They climbed in it and I surprised them and dumped out their foam blocks that I brought from home into the tub. They had fun playing with them in the tub. Hailey noticed me getting the snack bag out. She came over to see what I had brought. She saw the Grips (her favorite snack, one that we don't get very often) and then said "My belly is begging for these. And I am too. My belly reeeally wants it." Max then came over to see the snacks too. He was very excited when he saw the Cars crackers that I had brought. He jumped up and down while I opened the box for him. He loved eating the Lightning McQueens and Mators. After eating our snacks, we went swimming. Hailey found out she could touch the bottom and walk around on her tiptoes. She liked walking around holding my hands or along the edge of the pool. She even let go a couple times and walked a couple steps without hanging on. She was very proud of herself and said "Mommy, you should take a video for the blog." Max loved jumping in and having us catch him but he was terrified of the filters. He said "I don't want to go in da hole." He was happy as long as we stayed away from the filters. He also liked sitting in the shallow water on the steps. He dunked his head in the water and then said "I makin me all ha-sun (handsome)." Jack loved the water too. He was very relaxed and would just lay right back in the water. After swimming, we left to go get dinner. We found a very good pizza place. The kids loved watching the snowmobiles out the window while we ate. When we got back to the hotel, we let the kids take a bath in the big tub. They loved playing with the foam blocks in the water cause they stick together when wet. They liked building tall towers and then knocking them down. They also liked making different things by sticking the blocks to the side of the tub. Max made an airplane and racecars. Hailey and I had fun making castles. These blocks are so much fun! After the kids got into the pajamas we watched a car auction on TV and Max loved it. He was getting so excited about the cars, talking alot about them and telling us which ones he wanted. The kids were very excited when I got out their sleeping bags. We first tried putting them right next to each other. But after much talking and giggling, we decided that wasn't such a good idea and separated them, putting them at different ends of the room. That didn't work either though. They just kept making silly noises back and forth which got them laughing even harder. It was funny for the first few minutes but after awhile we knew they were going to be up all night if we didn't do something. Since Hailey usually falls asleep the fastest, Bruce decided to take Max out to walk around. Hailey fell asleep pretty quickly after she was over being worried where daddy and Max went without us. She wanted to know where they went and why she couldn't go too. She complained for a couple minutes that it wasn't fair that Max got to go somewhere and not her, and then she rolled over and fell asleep. She was really tired and I knew she would fall asleep fast if it was quiet. As soon as daddy brought Max back to the room, he crawled in his sleeping bag and layed there talking quietly to himself for about a half an hour before he finally fell asleep. That's something he normally does at home though. He always sings and talks until he falls asleep. Bruce said that he had fun running around with another little boy who wouldn't go to sleep. His dad brought him out to the pool room to run around trying to tire him out. They were about the same age and right away started running together. There is a carpeted area on the other side of the fence around the pool and they just ran around that until they wore themselves out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Sounds like a great time. I sure have great memories staying at hotels when we were younger. I love the extra little special things you do too - like their backpacks and favorite snacks. Hailey says such funny things. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Such a fun trip. I love all the beautiful, happy pictures. Can't believe how relaxed Jack is in the water. So cute how Max made himself handsome. I also love the way Hailey is looking up at daddy.Love ya,

Vikki's Blog said...

love all the pictures...jack sure looks comfortable in the water. Was it cold or hot...He must have a little Kenzie in him. :o)

Melissa said...

The pool water was very warm, like bath water. That's why we choose this hotel, cause of the pool.