Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hailey saw this princess piano book at the store today and really liked it. She played with it while we shopped. She said "Can you get this for Christmas cause I really need it. It teaches me how to play the piano! Remember to write it on my list when we get home." It was on clearance for only a couple dollars. So as she went to put it back on the shelf, I told her she could use her spending money from her bank to buy it. She had the biggest smile on her face as she carried it to the checkout. That's all she played with the rest of the day. She does good at following the lit up keys to play the songs. Later today, I showed her how to read the colored notes to play the songs on her own. She did pretty good with that too. She asked me to take some videos for my blog.



Hailey cuddling with Jack while watching Curious George.




Posing for the camera.

Max was very excited this morning when he saw his suitcase all packed for spending the night at Nana and Papa's house tonight. He pulled it all around the house while we were getting ready for church. He was talking very excitedly as he pulled it around telling us that he was spending the night at Nana's house. He also ran to get his monkey, elephant, and blankie off his bed to take with him. After church, Marty and Sophie gave the kids a bag of goodies. They were so excited when they pulled out the Monster Jam trucks, yellow for Max and purple for Hailey, their favorites. When they pulled them out of the bag, Max said "Oh dat's my faborite wewo monster truck!" and Hailey said "And this is the purple one that I liked the best!" They were thrilled to get the same ones they saw on the TV. Since they had talked so much about them at the restaurant the other day, Marty and Sophie decided to get them each the one that they said they liked the best. They also got Jack a little baby toy car the kids a travel blanket and pillow. Max loved the Lightning McQueen pillow. Max went home with Nana and Papa. He sure was excited. When we got home, Hailey enjoyed helping Daddy in the kitchen with a bunch of cooking and baking. She also enjoyed playing in the leftover flour afterwards. While I was holding Jack, Hailey came up to talk to me. As soon as he saw her, he leaned way over and held his arms out to her. She held him for a little bit and then we tried it again. I told her to hold her arms out to him and see if he wanted to come to her. Right away, he held his arms out to her. We did it a few more times and every time he would lean towards her and hold out his arms to go to her. He sure loves his big sister. That's the first time he's held his arms out to go to somebody. She was pretty excited that she was the first person he did that to.

3 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

I love that pic of Hailey posing for the camera. She is beautiful!!!

Kimmy said...

I think the picture of Hailey cuddling with Jacob is adorable. And I also love Hailey's posing picture.

mom s said...

What a great poser....I wish the boys would do that. It would make picture taking much easier. I love the picture of her helping bake too. Love ya