Tuesday, January 20, 2009





This morning, Hailey got the spray bottle and fixed her hair. Then she came out to show me how she did her hair saying "I fixed my hair. Doesn't it look pretty with this headband? I even parted it by myself."

She sprayed Max's hair too and made him look "handsome". She also got him dressed this morning. She went in his room and picked out some clothes for him. Then she called him in and helped him get his feet in his pants and his shirt on. She was talking so sweetly to him the whole time she was helping him.

Later, she asked me to try to put pigtails in her hair. Then she ran to the mirror to see how she looked.
Jack was really fussy this afternoon and crying alot. I layed him on the floor while I cleaned up the mess after snack time. He started crying when I put him down. Hailey picked him up and held him. She started patting his back and he burped. Then she told me "See mommy, he just needed to be burped." When I was done washing the table, I walked over by her and she handed him to me and said "Here mommy, just pat his back. If you burp him he won't cry." I told her she sure takes good care of her brother. Then she said "Well that's because God helped me. He didn't help you because I think he wants me to get a bean." She smiled big as I put a bean in the jar and told her that she is such a good big sister. Hailey told me she wanted to make us dinner today. It was about 4:00 and she asked me if I was hungry. I told her that I wasn't yet cause I just had a snack. (I just ate four pieces of toast.) Then she said "But you will when you see what I'm going to make you. Just sit on the couch and I'm going to do everything. Don't peak." But I had to peek every once in a while when she wasn't looking. It was so cute. She got a stool and got the bread and peanut butter out. She got her little knife and spread peanut butter on each piece of bread. When she was done she licked the knife and put it in the sink. Then she put the peanut butter and bread away and got a washcloth and wiped the cupboard off. She brought me and her a sandwich to the table and told me dinner was ready. She said "Now you don't even have to cook. I'll make Max his when he wakes up from his nap." Even though I really was full, I ate the sandwich she made me. It was so sweet of her and she was so proud of herself. She kept smiling while we were eating them.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Awh, Hailey's so sweet!

mom s said...

Hailey is sure a good big sister. So sweet. I like how she fixed her hair. She did a great job. Love ya