Friday, January 23, 2009










Shoveling a "track" in the snow for Max to ride his car on.


He was so happy that Hailey made this for him.




Hailey asked me to take a picture of her with her babies (all wrapped up ready to be adopted).



And here is a picture of the "Potty Monster".

After dropping Hailey off at school this morning, Max asked to get out the Lego's. I got the Mega blocks out and he said "No, not dose ones. Da little ones wif da wheels." So I put those back and got out the bucket of small Lego's. He played with those while I fed Jack his cereal. Max got excited when daddy came home and said "Daddy will you play wif me? I want to make a car wif da wheels... Help me to make a motor, daddy." Daddy had put together this bucket of small Lego's awhile ago for Hailey, mostly with pieces that would be good for building houses because that's what she really likes to make. He had only put two sets of wheels in this bucket and had a whole bunch more out in the shed. Since Max was having so much fun with them, he said to Max "Daddy should make a special car bucket just for you, Max." Then Max said "Thank you for saying dat." He really enjoyed making cars and airplanes with daddy. He said "Daddy, you nice." After awhile, daddy decided to remind Max to go potty. Max was still playing Lego's when he heard the "potty monster" talking. Daddy always makes the potty talk ( by opening and closing the toilet lid while talking in a "monster" voice) asking Max to come give him "pee pee or poo poo". As soon as he heard it, he put down his Lego's and ran to the bathroom. Max absolutely loves the "potty monster" and hasn't had a single accident since daddy started this with him. It's so funny how he knows the "potty monster's" voice and comes running when he hears it. Max used to have an accident every morning because he would get so busy playing that he would forget to go potty. And if we tried reminding him, he would say no he didn't want to. Then one day a few weeks ago, daddy thought of this and tried it with him. And it worked! Max liked it even with just the voice but a couple days later daddy made eyes, a nose, and teeth for it and he thought that was really funny and absolutely loved it. When he first saw it, he said "He hab teeth. Dat's funny." Now he is always happy to use the potty even while he's busy playing. And most of the time we don't even have to remind him anymore. He tells me on his own that he has to go. He must not think I do the monster voice as good as daddy though cause he always redoes it after me, trying to do it just like daddy does. It is so funny how he makes his voice sound just the way daddy does. Max went back to playing Lego's and I did some laundry. Daddy went to bed so he could get up on time to take Hailey to dance class. After picking Hailey up from school, I took the kids outside to play. They had fun riding their cars around. Hailey used the shovel to fill Max's dump truck with snow and then he'd go dump it out on the back patio. Then he would drive over it making marks with the wheels. Hailey shoveled him a path through the snow and told him she was making a track for him. He was so happy to have a "track" to ride on. We tried to make a snowman but the snow wasn't packing good. The kids were happy with the little baby one I made for them. I pulled them around in the sled. We stayed out until lunchtime. Then I put the boys down for naps and played Lego's with Hailey. We each built a house and then played with the little Lego peoples. We had fun pretending we were neighbors and visiting each others houses. Jack and Max woke up around 4:00. Hailey and Max asked to get out the tunnel again. They love hiding on me in it and sure were giggling as I would find them and tickle them. After daddy woke up, we ate dinner and then took Hailey to dance class. Hailey did excellent again. It is so cute watching her. Her whole class is really doing good. It's amazing how much they have learned since last year. Afterwards, Hailey said "I'm doing really good. That's because I'm practicing. And I listen to the teacher. I can't wait till my recital." I'm really looking forward to her recital too. They dance and sing so cute. We stopped and got donuts and then went to visit grandpa afterwards. When we got close to grandpa's driveway, Hailey got all excited and said "Yeah, I want to go to grandpa's house! I love Grandpa." It was funny cause we knocked on the sliding glass door and grandpa couldn't hear us because he had headphones on watching TV. We knocked louder but he still didn't hear us so we let ourselves in with the key through the back door. He sure was surprised to see us walk up behind him. We had a nice visit. The kids really liked watching Wheel of Fortune. Max liked the spinning wheel. Hailey liked the letters. Max asked for a drink of milk so I got a cup from the cupboard. He said "No, a top cup (sippy cup)." For some reason he only likes to drink his milk out of a sippy cup or a straw cup. I told him he's a big boy so he can have grandpa's big boy cup. He said "I can?" He liked that I gave him a yellow one and kept smiling as he took sips. He said "I be-in careful, so I don't speel (spill) it." After drinking it, he ran to tell daddy he drank out of "gwampa's special cup". Hailey got down on the floor and held Jack. Jack kept looking up at grandpa and smiling. Hailey said "I think he wants grandpa." Then she scooched over by Grandpa and held Jack up to him. He held Jack and talked to him so sweet. Jack gave him some big smiles. It was 8:30 so we said we should get the kids home to bed. Daddy got Max's shoes on and Hailey went up to grandpa and held her arms out to Jack and said "You want to go home and go to bed, don't you. Are you ready to go bye bye?" When we got home, Max helped me clean up the toys in his bedroom and I told Hailey to clean up her doll stuff in the living room. When I came out, she was cleaning everything up. She folded all her doll blankets neatly and set them in a pile. She picked all Max's cars up off the floor and lined them up neatly in a row. She even picked up Jack's toys and lined them up in a row on his blanket on the floor. She was excited to show me how she had cleaned the whole living room for me. She showed me how she folded the blankets and lined up Max's cars. Then she said "And don't you like how I set Jack's toys up nice so he can play with them in the morning?" I thanked her and told her she did a great job and she jumped up to give me a big hug and said "I love you, mommy".

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Love the "potty monster". Glad you posted a picture of it:)