Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hailey and Max playing dentist. They tipped the shopping cart over on it's side to make a "dentist chair".



Both Hailey and Max woke up at around 7:45. We cuddled in bed until 8:15 and then came out to watch the last 15 minutes of Curious George. After eating breakfast, we all played store. The kids took turns pushing the shopping cart around collecting things to buy. I was the cashier. After paying for their items, I put them in paper bags for them. They really liked that. Max loves playing with the pretend money, especially the coins. He always says "I want a dowar and a money (a dollar and a coin)". Hailey bought lots of stuff for my baby (Jack) and her baby (her doll). That shopping cart sure has alot of uses. Besides playing store with it, they use it to hall anything and everything around the house and today they even tipped it over and used it as their "dentist chair". Hailey layed her dolls on it and played doctor too. After coming out of the bathroom, Hailey called Max to come play in her room with her. She asked him if he wanted her to make him handsome. I didn't think much of it since she does that often using a little bit of water on her hands or the spray bottle. They were playing quietly for a long time and when I went in to check on them, she was making his hair stand straight up. She smiled and said "Doesn't he look so handsome?" I still didn't think much of it, until I got a closer look at his hair and felt some thick wax like stuff in it. I asked her what she used and she showed me the chapstick. She had used all the chapstick putting gobs of it in his hair and a little bit in hers too. She said "It works really good to make it stay up." I guess she hears Bruce, Kimmy and I discussing how the hair gel doesn't work very well. Usually it only lasts about an hour. Hailey definately found something that will hold much much longer. I gave them both showers to try to wash it out. Hailey's came out but I couldn't get it all out of Max's hair probably becuase he had so much in his. I washed it three times and it still didn't come all the way out. When daddy got home from work, we went grocery shopping and out to eat. Just as we were seated at our table, we saw Marty and Sophi (friends from church) walk in, so we invited them to come sit with us. We had a really nice visit. Max was talking to Marty alot. He showed him his little car and told him all about it. I took Jack in the bathroom to change his diaper. He started crying as soon as we walked in and didn't stop until we walked out. He is scared of the toilets flushing and usually cries whenever he hears one. But I think he remembered and got scared right away this time. It was such a sad little cry too. I guess he's scared of toilets and vaccuums just like Hailey was. She did the same thing when she was a baby except her cry was an ear peircing high pitched cry. I always felt bad for anyone who was in the bathroom. Max's hair still looked pretty funny while we were at the restaurant. I explained to Mary and Sophi what happened. They laughed and thought it was pretty funny. As we were walking out of the restaurant Max said "Dat was fun." We didn't get home until about 9:00. I started getting Max ready for bed. Hailey offered to help daddy put groceries away. She helped by carrying things to the rooms they needed to go in and putting some of the snacks in the cupboard. Then she came and asked me if she could help me with anything. I told her she could put the diapers in the diaper stacker. As she was doing that, she said "Don't worry Mommy, I'm going to do all the work. You just take care of Jack and Max. I'm doing everything." She sure was proud of herself for helping so much and she was so happy when I put a bean in the jar for her. Max was complaining about a scratch on his foot so I put a bandaid on it. Afrer I got the bandaid on, she put her hand over it and said "You want me to pray for your owie, Max?" Then she said a sweet prayer for his owie to get better. After praying for it, she asked him if it felt better and he said "Wah". While tucking Max in bed, after we had already talked about his day, he said "Tell me (ask me) what you do today. Say dat mommy." When I asked him he said "I opened fwesents (presents), my cars. Den I play with cars with Papa Dan on da racetrack. Dey go down da big hill. I want to go to Papa Dan's house to play with special cars with Papa Dan. Because dat is fun. I wike to do dat. I do."

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

The chapstick thing is to funny! I can only imagine how hard it would be to get that waxy stuff out.

Melissa said...

Ya, I think it actually took about a week to get it completely out of his hair.

mom s said...

Those children are too cute and funny. Love ya!