Saturday, January 17, 2009

This dog is Jack's favorite toy right now. He gets so excited when he sees it.


Max sitting at the table watching Hailey play with Barbies.

He sat there like this for a long time. He was very interested in watching and listening to Hailey play.
"Can I play with a baby too?"

He was so happy when Hailey said he could play with one of the babies.

Helping Daddy make cookie dough. She likes smelling the different ingredients.




The kids both woke up really early this morning around 6:00. Hailey came and crawled in bed with me, but Max started playing and didn't want to go back to sleep. Daddy told him to lay back down cause it was too early and he said "But I don't want to go to sleep, daddy. I not tired." He sounded so pathetic. Daddy let him get up and play with his cars. Hailey didn't go back to sleep but layed in bed with me until about 7:30 when Jack woke up and started talking. As soon as she heard him talking, she asked me to get him out. She kept saying "Mommy, get him out. He wants out really bad." He was just talking happily in his crib but she really wanted to hold him. Then she said "Come on mommy, he's begging to get out." I think she was the one begging to get him out. I brought him in bed with us for a few minutes. He was sure happy when he saw Hailey. She cuddled him and he was smiling and talking alot to us. After eating breakfast and getting ready, we left to take Hailey to dance class. They had a make up class today because they had to cancel one a few weeks ago for a snow day. Her class did such a great job doing their recital song. They did the whole thing without the teachers doing it with them. The teachers were very impressed and happy. Yesterday at dance class, Hailey's teacher came up and talked to me. She said that Hailey is doing such a good job this year. She said she's at the top of her class. Then she said "Who would have thought she would be one of our little leaders." Sometimes they move her to the front row so she can help lead the other kids. It's amazing the difference between this year and last year. While Hailey was in her class, I spread Jack's blanket on the floor and gave him a couple toys to play with. I helped him sit up and he was keeping his balance really well so I let go. He sat for about 10 seconds. He was doing really good as long as he was distracted by a toy or while Max was talking to him. Max was very excited and said "Oh, he's sittin up! Is he big now?" Hailey has been practicing with him alot the last couple of days. She sits with her legs around him and says "Don't worry. I'll catch you if you fall." But, until today, he just leaned all the way forward using his hands to keep him up. We went to McDonald's for lunch. Hailey, Max, Jack, and I all made a train going down the slide together. The kids thought it was funny that I brought Jack down with us. I took Jack down a couple more times and he seemed to really like it. I think he liked the bright color of the orange tube slide. He would get very excited as we got inside it. I put the boys down for naps when we got home. Hailey and I played doll house. Then she continued playing while I did some laundry. After we ate dinner, we went to the fabric store to get some material to make some bibs. Then we took it over to the neighbor so she could make some. We showed her a bib like Jared's mom makes, my favorite kind, and she's going to make some for us. We visited for a while so the kids didn't get to bed until 9:00 tonight.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

I love that picture of Hailey on the counter.

mom s said...

Cute look Hailey has sitting on the counter. So sweet.