Saturday, November 1, 2008







Both Hailey and Max came and crawled in bed with me this morning around 7:00. We all ended up falling back asleep until 9:00. Daddy came home right after we got up. He got Hailey ready and took her to the store with him to pick up a few things. They brought back donuts and also a mocha for me. Hailey was excited to suprise me with it. She handed me it with a big smile. Bruce went to bed right away. The kids got their candy bags to look through all their treats. They each picked out what they wanted for a treat after lunch and put it on the cupboard. They also got out thier new coloring books and colored for awhile. We watched some home videos of Hailey when she was Jack's age. They sure do remind me of each other. The kids played with blocks and cars. Then they made a tent and hid in it on me. They were both giggling when I would come find them and tickle them. Hailey made a bed in it for Max and they played house. After lunch, we went outside to play. I pushed hte kids on the swings. I also put Jack in the baby swing with his blankie bunched up in front of him so he wouldn't fall forward. He really liked it and was laughing really hard as Hailey gave him little pushes. The kids rode their bikes around the back porch and I sat on the porch swing with Jack. We stayed out for a couple hours and then went in so Max and Jack could take naps. Hailey colored and drew pictures while the boys were napping. Max took a three hour nap and I had to wake him. I warmed up chili for dinner. I got the kids theirs first so they could start cooling down. While mine was still in the microwave, Hailey said "Good job cooking mommy. This is so good." (My mom made the chili.) I sat done to eat my chili and Hailey already had hers gone. She must have been really hungry. She ate her whole bowl plus two pieces of bread, a banana, a couple pieces of cheese and some fritos. Max ate all his chili too. I think they both LOVE Nana's chili. After dinner, the kids picked another piece of candy to eat. Then they played in their tent again. After getting their pajamas on, I gave them their flashlights and we played a game in the dark. I would ask them to find different shapes and things in the dark and they would run around looking for them. They had alot of fun running aorund the house looking for the things I asked them to and would shine their lights on it when they found it, yelling for me to come see. It was a fun game. After that we read a bunch of books and a few Bible stories. Lately Max has been scared of the shadows in his room but he's also been afraid of the dark. He can't decide if he wants his nightlight on or not cause he knows the "naughty things (shadows)" go away if it's turned off. He always asks me to turn it on first then sees the shadows and asks me to turn it off. When I turn it off he cries because it is dark and tells me he wants it on. I turn it back on and he asks me to "hide him" and wants me to put the blankets over his head. The last couple mornings, I've noticed that he has taken the cover off the nightlight and unscrews the lightbulb just a little bit so it turns off. He must get scared in the middle of the night and figured out how to get it to turn off. When Bruce woke up, he heard Max still tallking in his bed so he went in to give him a kiss. When he walked in, he found Max with a ton of stuffed animals in bed with him. He looked up at daddy and said "I got wots and wots of peoples in my bed." Bruce and I watched Survivor before he left to go to work.

No comments: