Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wednesday, November 19,2008

Playing dress up and doing her hair.

Hailey's new favorite thing to do is dance to Hawaiian music. She'll dress up in outfits like this many times a day and say she's a "Ha-wi-hee" girl. Her favorite song is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and she has made up a whole dance to it. I wish I could get it all on video but when I tried, she just started acting silly and wouldn't do it. I only got a couple videos before she started making up a dance to this song. It's so cute though. She practiced it over and over playing parts of the song at a time while making up her dance until she had it all memorized. Then she got Max and I each a stool to sit on and put on a show for us.


Hailey covered Jack with a blanket while he was playing on his activity mat and he ended up falling asleep.




Bruce got Hailey ready for school this morning. He even braided her hair and made her look so cute. I was impressed. He can braid better than I can. He had brought a car home for a 24 hour test drive last night, so Hailey was very excited to go for a ride in "daddy's new car". She really likes the color, "shiny silver". At first she kept saying "It's so shiny. Is it gold?" After picking Hailey up from school, Bruce went to the dealership to buy the car, a Honda Civic. Hailey was playing dress up and came out wearing a lay. She asked me how they dance in Hawaii. I put on some Hawaiian music and we all danced. When daddy got home she asked him to get on the computer and see if he could find some videos of people dancing in Hawaii. (The other day he showed her videos of people playing different instruments on Youtube.) He got on the computer and found some videos of Hawaiian dancing to show her. After that, she started making up dances to her favorite song, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". The kids did very well again today with their bean jar. They sure play nice together and are so helpful. Hailey kept asking me how she could help me. While I was doing laundry, she said "Here I can help you fold." She helped me fold the whole load that was in the dryer. Then she helped me put it all away. She would ask me where each thing goes and then she would say "I'm learning where things go." Then she saw the potholders in a pile and said "Wait, I know where these go. Don't tell me." She took them and ran to put them in the drawer. She sure was proud of herself for knowing where they go. Hailey got up a couple times in the middle of the night last night, so I had her take a short nap while Max and Jack were napping. I let her sleep for an hour and then woke her up. I took her outside to play for a little bit while the boys were still sleeping. She only wanted to stay out for a few minutes though. She said she was too cold and wanted to go in for some hot chocolate. It was pretty cold out. When Max woke up, we played doctor. Max pretended to be a "bwoke (broke) kitty" who needed a doctor. Hailey was the doctor. We made a bed for him with the two kid chairs pushed together. Then I brought my hurt kitty to see the doctor. Then we went into Max's bedroom and played school. Hailey lined up all the stuffed animals along the floor. She pretended to be the teacher and asked me to be the helper. She wanted Max to be a kid but he still wanted to be a kitty. So we just pretended one of the stuffed animals was my kid and he was my kitty who we brought for show and tell. We had alot of fun. I love listening to her pretend to be a teacher. It's so funny. She really does a good job. She says stuff like "OK. Now lets put our listening ears on." or "Let's close our mouths and open our ears everyone." After getting Max to bed, I fed Jack his cereal. I let Hailey stay up a little later and help. We took turns giving him bites. He loved it this time and ate it all. He would get very excited kicking and smiling big every time we gave him a bite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hailey is too cute in her Hawaian get-up. What a girl. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Last comment was from me.