Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!













Hailey and Max both came out and started playing with the Little People Nativity again right away this morning. We left for my mom's house around 11:00. Vikki and her family and Grandpa were already there. Kimmy and her family were in Georgia visiting with family. We sure missed them. As soon as we got there, Max ran up to Grandpa right and hugged him. He stayed there by him, leaning on his lap, smiling up at him and talking to him for quite awhile before he went to play with the toys. I was looking at the Toysrus magazine and Max came up to look at it with me. He took it and looked at the cars and train pages. He kept saying "I wike dat one and dat one and dat one..." as he pointed to different things. Hailey was begging to go play upstairs. I told her she had to wait cause I needed to feed Jack and she couldn't go up by herself. She went to walk away and then turned around giving me a hug saying "Your such a good mommy. I love you." Jack was getting fussy and was really tired but wouldn't fall asleep for me. I decided to just try laying him down in the crib awake. (He falls asleep for his naps at home in his bed but I didn't think he would without having his mobile to look at. I usually wind up his mobile once which makes him happy to be in crib. Then he talks to it until he falls asleep.) He stopped fussing as soon as I layed him down. I kept checking on him and he was wide awake just feeling the side of the crib. He did this for at least 20 minutes before falling asleep. My mom made turkey, stuffing, ham, mashed potatoes, squash, corn, orange jello, and rolls. We had pie for desert. Max sure loved the chocolate pie. He even licked his plate clean. It was all so good. After we were done eating, I put Max down for a nap. He was so tired and couldn't wait for me to lift him into the crib. He fell asleep right away. My dad stayed and watched Max while mom, Grandpa, Kenzie, Hailey, jack and I all went to the cemetery to put a wreath on Grandmas grave. When we got back, my mom and I took the kids downstairs to play. They enjoyed riding the cars around the basement. My mom and I looked through the sale adds for tomorrow. While we were downstairs, Bruce came. (He had to work until 4:00.) Max heard him talking upstairs and said "My daddy's home!" Bruce warmed up some food and then came downstairs with us. He looked through the adds with us. We stayed until about 7:30 and then went home to put the kids to bed. Jack laughed when I took his shirt off to get his pajamas on. He's been doing this every time I undress him lately. It must tickle him when I reach up to take it off. It's funny. He got very excited when I put him in the highchair to feed him his cereal. It was like he knew what was coming. And he opened his mouth wide as soon as he saw the spoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures with Grandpa and the family picture on the steps.