Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hailey wrote her name using pretzels.

After the kids were done eating breakfast this morning, I got a couple buckets and filled it with some dry beans for the kids to play in. I gave them some measuring cups and spoons and they had fun dumping and filling the beans into different cups. While Jack was laying on the floor playing, he found his feet. They are now his new favorite play thing. During lunch, Hailey wrote her name with the pretzels. She was excited to show me it and said I should get my camera. While Max took his nap, Hailey made a birthday card for him. (See pictures below.) I asked her what color of construction paper she wanted and she said "yellow because it's Max's favorite color". We were out of yellow except for a small piece left over from a project. She said she would use white cause it's kind of close to yellow and then she would use the little piece of yellow paper to cut things out of to glue on. She asked me to cut a big circle and some hearts. Then she glued them on her card. She made a balloon out of the circle by drawing a long curly line. She said she wanted to write everything herself. She asked me how to spell I LOVE YOU. After she wrote that out she wrote Max above it. Then she asked me how to spell HAPPY BIRTHDAY. She wrote it all inside the balloon. She drew some pictures on the inside of the card and wrote hers and Max's names and then some other letters across the top. She told me it said "To Max. From Hailey. You are a nice brother." Hailey was excited to wrap her present that she got for Max. She wrapped it all by herself, even cutting the paper. She did such a good job. She folded the corners on the ends in just like I do. Then she cut a long strip of the wrapping paper and taped it on. She said "This is going to be the tail because I'm making a balloon present." This evening we got a babysitter for Hailey and Max so we could go out on a date and go birthday shopping. We took Jack with us. We went to the Olive Garden for dinner and then to a few stores. The restaurant was very busy. We had a long wait. Jack was smiling at everyone. He had fun playing with his bumble bee toy in his carseat while we ate our dinner.
Here is the birthday card Hailey made for Max.
Front and Back
Inside

3 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

woa you sure did alot of blogging since the other day! your catching up!!!

Anonymous said...

Hailey, you did a GREAT job making Max's birthday card. Good job spelling your name with pretzels on the table. I'm glad you had your Mommy take a picture. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you put the picture of the card on. Great job Hailey.
Nana loves you all. xoxoxo