Friday, November 7, 2008



Playing store.


In their "house".






This morning I got up and got Hailey ready for school. She was excited that Nana and Aunt Meme were taking her to school today. Kimmy was dropping her kids off so I could watch them while her and my mom helped decorate for my cousins baby shower. They decided that they might as well take Hailey to school on their way. Max woke up right before they got here. He was sitting on the couch cuddling with his blankie. He didn't know they were coming so when he heard them come through the door, he got very excited and ran out to see Jacob and Adam. It's so cute how excited they all get to see each other. They all yell each others names and then run up to greet each other. We fed them breakfast and then Jacob wanted to play with Hailey's dollhouse. Max took some trucks in and they played with the trucks by the dollhouse. Max asked "Can I hab my car in dare?" He likes to put his cars in the dollhouse pretending it's his garage, but anytime he plays dollhouse with Hailey she tells him he can't put his cars in there. And she doesn't like it when he sneaks his cars in it when she's not looking. They had fun playing with that for awhile but then Adam kept wanting to go in and play with them. Since there are some small pieces that are a choking hazard, I asked Jacob and Max if they wanted to come out and play store with me. They both got up right away and ran to get the cash register. I shut the door so Adam couldn't get in Hailey's room. He kept going to the door asking me to open it, so I brought out the Little People dollhouse, which is more age appropriate for him, and he was happy with that. Jacob pretended to be the cashier first. Max and I went around the room finding things to "buy". Jacob would pick each item up and look at it, push some buttons, and then tell me it costs 22 dollars. Then he would say "Here's your change. That's 22 cents." Jacob thought it was even more fun when I got some paper bags for them to play with. He loved putting all the stuff in the bags after we bought it. Then Max and Jacob took some dollars and filled their bags with different things around the room. I was now the cashier, so they would bring their bags when they were full and give me a dollar. And Jacob always asked for his "22 cents change". Jack still has a cold and was a little fussy so I was holding him while we were playing. Max and Jacob always picked some baby toys to put in their bags and said they were buying them for my baby. Then they would hand Jack the toy to play with after they paid for it. After that they would run carrying their bag of stuff to their "house" behind the chair. Jacob asked me if I wanted to come in his house. I sat back there with them as they showed me all the stuff they bought. Jacob said "This is fun." Adam started playing with the cash register and liked handing me all the dollars one at a time. I got out the Noah's Ark pop up tent and they made a bed in it with blankets and also brought a bunch of stuffed animals in it. They all screamed and giggled as I would pop my head through one of the windows every once in awhile and scare them. Around 10:30, Adam went over to the table and said "nack (snack)". Then he walked over to me and said "nacktime". They all sat at the table and ate "fishies" (goldfish). My mom and Kimmy got back shortly after that. They came in and visited for a few minutes before going back to pick Hailey up from school. They took Jacob with them to pick her up. She was very happy that Jacob got to come see her school. Right away she said hi to him and took his hand. He followed her around while she helped clean up and then he sat in the circle with her to sing the goodbye song. When they got back, we let the kids play together outside for a little while. They had fun swinging and playing in the sandbox. After eating lunch, I put Max and Jack down for naps. Hailey layed down for a rest but didn't fall asleep. Jack only slept for about 15 minutes. He's been taking short naps again today. When Bruce got home, I woke Max up so we could leave to go get dinner and take Hailey to dance class. While we were getting ready, Hailey asked me "Can I help you with anything?" She went and got socks for her and Max. She also tried to help Max put his socks on but just couldn't get it over his heel. Bruce and I were hungry for Chinese so we decided to give it a try. We don't usually go to a Chinese restaurant when the kids are with us because Hailey never eats good there. I had given the kids some cheese and crackers before we left just in case they wouldn't eat much. Hailey did good trying some things. She didn't like the chicken but she liked the chicken fried rice and ate a little bit of that. Max tried everything on his plate and some of the things on our plates. There was only a couple things he said he didn't like. He had such a serious look on his face while tasting different things off of daddy's plate. He especially loved the broccli and asparagus which was flavored. He ate alot and kept asking for more. The shades were open at dance class so we got to watch today. Max was very interested in everything they were doing and talked about it the whole time. While Bruce was holding him, he pointed to the pants on a lady standing in front of him. As he pointed, he said "Is dat a zipper? Do she hab a zipper on her butt?" (She had a zipper on the back of her pants). Bruce tried to distract him, but he asked again even louder, "Do she hab a zipper on her butt? Do she? Dat's funny." The class started learning their dance recital song today. They are just learning to sing a couple lines right now so they would sing it over and over. It was so cute to hear them singing it so loud. And we could see Hailey singing along with them. When she got out of class, she said "We're learning a new song and we sing it really loud." Afterwards, we went to get donuts and a mocha. Hailey loves to pick where we are going to sit. She still remembers where she sat when Papa took her there a while ago. She usually picks that same spot and tells which chairs her, Papa, and Kenzie sat in. When we got home, we started bedtime routines and got the kids tucked in bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Chinese but we don't go out there too often because of the kids either. Thats great that Max tried it all. Adam's like him and Jacob is like Hailey when it comes to food. Thanks for watching the boys they had a great time with you. It was fun picking Hailey up from school.