Wednesday, November 26, 2008





He liked stomping on the hard chunks of snow.



"Oh no, my wheel is bwoke. I gotta pix it."


Standing on his name.



"Look, I found a really good spot to hang my rainbow!"




The kids were excited to come out this morning and see the tree lit up. Max said "Do we got a tree in our house? Dat's funny." He calls it a "Cwiffor twee" I didn't know what he was saying at first and thought he was talking about Clifford. He got a little frustrated when I couldn't figure out what he was saying but I finally got it. After getting back from taking Hailey to school, I took Max outside to play. Jack was already bundled in his carseat so I had him out with us and he enjoyed the fresh air and watching us from his carseat. The snow wasn't packing good today so we couldn't make a snowman. He really liked riding his truck in the snow and getting stuck and calling Mator (that would be me) to come get him out. He kept doing it over and over. He also liked it when I wrote his name in the snow with my footprints. After coming inside, he ran straight for the Little People Nativity and played with it until it was time to pick up Hailey. Today Jack started crying whenever I walk away after talking to him. He'll be giving me big smiles while I'm standing there talking to him and as soon as I walk away or turn around he starts crying. But when I start talking to him again, he'll go back to smiling. He was doing the same thing with Hailey all day too. She would have him laughing and then get up to walk away and he'd cry. She'd come back and he'd get excited and give her big smiles. And before he cries he always makes a pout face. When Hailey got home, she was excited to show me all the stuff she made at school. She made a necklace and Indian hat. She put them on and asked me to take a picture. Then she showed me her cloud and rainbow she made. She hung it up in the kitchen window. It looks so pretty. Then she ran to the living room to play with the Little People Nativity. After eating lunch, the kids painted some pages in their Christmas water paint book. At 2:00, I put all three of them down for naps. Hailey was up late last night and she woke up a couple times in the middle of the night. She fell asleep very quickly, within a few minutes. I fell asleep on the couch for about a half an hour. Then I got up to do laundry and some cleaning. When Bruce got home from work, we left to go to some stores. We stopped at the coney dog place on the way. We had to do our grocery shopping and also had to get some things for Max's birthday party. He's getting very excited. Hailey is getting excited for her birthday too, but keeps asking why Max's birthday comes first when she was born first. She still doesn't quite understand the year thing. It's kind of hard to explain to a preschooler. She's been asking this question every year since Max turned a year old. We didn't get home until 10:00. We read another Christmas book before going to bed tonight. The kids were really good about going to bed even though we cut their bedtime routine a little short tonight. They are very excited to get to go to Nana's for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Hailey said "I got to get to bed quick cause I don't want to have to take a nap at Nana's. I want to have fun." Then Max said "Me too. I want to have fun too."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool truck. That was a great find.