Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fun with paint.








I love how Jack is looking up at Max in this picture. And it was so sweet how Max was petting Jack's head while he was drinking.






Hailey colored this picture today. I thought she did such a good job.

Bruce and I were both up late last night. Bruce woke up at 7:30 and worked on the computer. I slept in until shortly after the kids woke up. Then he went back to bed for a couple hours. The kids and I ate breakfast and then played. They took turns holding Jack. He was giving them both big smiles. Whenever Hailey laughed, Jack would laugh. She wasn't even trying to get him to laugh. She was just saying silly stuff and then laughing at herself. It was funny how he would copy her and laugh whenever she did. When daddy woke up, we got ready and left to go to the store and to pick up Bruce's car at the dealership. We got a mocha for us and donuts for the kids on the way there. We also stopped and visited Grandpa. Grandpa gave the kids some M&Ms. Hailey sat at the table and drew a picture for Grandpa. She traced her hand and wrote her name inside it. Then she asked me how to spell I LOVE YOU. She wrote that and then wrote PAPA under it. When she finished, she took it over to show Grandpa and then hung it on the fridge for him. As I was driving home, I noticed a Little Tykes truck on the side of the road that someone was throwing out. I told Bruce about it and he walked down with the kids to get it. He pushed them back home in it. The steering wheel was just missing from it. Since Jack was still bundled in his snowsuit, I took him outside and let the kids play. Max and Hailey both had fun with the new ride on truck. They really liked pretending to fix the engine. We heard the garbage truck coming down our road so I took the kids out front to watch it. They waved and the garbage man waved back and beeped his horn for them. After watching him do the neighbors garbage, Hailey said she was getting cold and went inside. Max, Jack, and I stayed out front watching it until it turned off our road. He just loves watching it dump. The recycling truck also came down our road at the same time so Max got all excited and said "Dere's two garbage trucks!" Daddy left for work early so he could go get an oil change. Shortly after daddy walked out the door, Hailey asked where he was going. I told her he was going to work. She looked at the clock and responded "But it's 2:00. Daddy don't go to work at 2:00." I put Max and Jack down for their naps. Hailey played dollhouse in her room for a rest. I got on the computer and organized my pictures in files. This evening, Hailey got dressed up like a Hawiian girl again. She had on a skirt, a lay, and a flower head band and turned on some Hawaiian music to dance to. She set up some stools and chairs for us to sit on and asked if we wanted to come see her concert. She already had a crowd of stuffed animals and dolls lined up to watch the concert. Max and I sat down on the stools. And she even had Jack's bumbo seat there for him to sit on. Then she hid behind my curtain and came out on "the stage (the tile floor) to dance for us. She loved when Max and I started clapping when she came out from behind the curtain. She looked so cute and did such a good job doing her hula dance. The kids got their bean jar filled, so I decided to get out the paints. We painted turkeys using their hand prints. (Thanks for the idea Kimmy.) I painted their palm and thumb brown for the body and then let them pick the colors they wanted on their fingers for the feathers. Max right away picked yellow. Then I asked him what other colors he wanted and he just kept handing me the yellow saying "Dis one. I want wellow." I had to paint one of his fingers yellow before he would pick his other colors. Hailey of course grabbed the pink and purple right away for her colors. We had alot of fun. And Max actually didn't mind getting his hands dirty this time. And they sure got messy. They loved smearing their hands in the paint. Then they each painted a picture. Hailey wanted to paint one of her princess pictures out of her giant coloring book. We also got our small pumpkins out and painted them too. I gave the kids baths after we were all done painting. They played with measuring cups and scoops in the tub. They pretended to make Mac n cheese and juice. After eating a snack and brushing their teeth, we sat on the floor in Max's room and read books and sang songs. I had layed Jack on Max's bed. After awhile, Max crawled up in bed with him. He cuddled with him and covered them both with his blankey. Jack was really looking up at him. Max was talking to him so cute, telling him all about race cars. After a little while, Hailey joined them. I just love sweet moments like these. They all layed there cuddling for quite awhile. We sang some more songs. Jack really likes hearing us all sing together. He always gives us such big smiles. After getting Hailey and Max to bed, I fed Jack his cereal. He didn't seem as interested in eating tonight. He was really smiley so it all kept coming back out. Then he started spitting, which is something he does all day long. (He always sticks his bottom lip or his tongue out and spits.) But since he had food in his mouth when he was doing it this time, I was getting all messy. His cereal was spattering in my face. And I think he thought it was more funny to spit with food in his mouth and kept doing it every time I gave him a bite. It was too funny. After rocking him, I layed him in his crib and he quickly fell asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice hand turkeys. I love the pictures of Max and Jack together. The picture Hailey colored is very good.