Monday, November 17, 2008

Watching the snow.







The kids were so excited to see snow on the ground this morning and right away begged to go play in it. Nana helped out in Hailey's class today. She came and picked her up and took her to school. Hailey was very excited about Nana coming to her class. Daddy took Max with him to run some errands and then to the dentist. He really enjoyed watching daddy get his teeth cleaned. He was very good and sat quietly in the chair the whole time as he watched. When they got back, daddy took the kids outside to play in the snow. Max loved riding his dump truck through the snow making tracks. He did that the entired time they were outside. Hailey asked for hot chocolate as soon as she came back inside. They also loved watching it snow out the window. They sat in front of the window for quite awhile, commenting on how big the snowflakes were or how hard it was snowing and that it was winter now. After Bruce left for work, I put Max down for his nap. Hailey and I watched a movie. After about an hour and a half, I heard him still singing so I went in to tell him he could get up and found him with all his stuffed animals in his bed. He had all his pullups and some cars in bed with him. He never did go to sleep. He just played the whole time. When I opened the door to get him, he excitedly said "Is it wake up time? It is? Do da cwock say I can wake up?" He says this every morning when he wakes up too. I filled a jar with beans and then put an empty jar next to it and drew a happy face on it. Then I told Hailey that whenever she does something really nice or helps out, I'll move a bean over to the other jar with the happy face and when all the beans are moved over, we'll do something special like go to a park, watch a "long movie" (a Disney movie), play a game, etc. She was very excited about it and started doing stuff right away. I had given her one right away for being such a good big sister making Jack happy while I was getting dinner ready. Then she ran to clean up the living room. She picked up all the toys. Then Max started getting frustrated with something so she said "Here I can help you with that." She helped him and he was happy. When I dropped something on the floor, she ran and said "I'll pick that up for you." She did many other things too. A couple times she said "Now you can give me a bean." I told her that she couldn't ask for them that it had to be me or daddy deciding to give them to her. She was very sweet with Max too, especially during dinner time. She helped clean him when he got his hands dirty and talked him into taking bites "for the tractor, train, race car, etc.". Her and Max played cars together after dinner. They got all the little cars out and lined them all up. Since Max didn't get a nap, he was getting tired and grumpy by 6:30. I started his bedtime routine a little early at 7:00 and we read a few extra books. Jack was a little bit fussy this evening. I think he may be teething. He is constantly chewing on things and he isn't sleeping as well as he normally does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of the kids watching the snow. When Max stayed with us I loved him saying that as soon as I opened the door. The bean jar sounds like fun! The hat pictures of Jack are cute.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. Great bean jar idea.