Saturday, November 15, 2008

Having fun in the dark making shadows with flashlights.





Jack enjoyed watching his light up globe in the dark.

Hailey hiding on Max. She piled all this stuff around her.

I was up most of the night with Jack. He just didn't want to sleep last night for some reason. He woke up at 1:00 and didn't want to go back to sleep. He wasn't fussy. He just wouldn't sleep and wanted to be held. He was wide awake and happy while I was holding him. And even when I tried laying him down in his crib, he would kick and "talk" to his mobile for quite awhile. Then he would fuss a little bit, only for a couple minutes, and then go back to kicking and cooing again. I tried walking with him, rocking him, feeding him, and he was just smiling and cooing at me the whole time. He didn't fall asleep until around 4:30 in the morning. Hailey also woke up a few times last night, so between the two of them I hardly got any sleep. Bruce got up with all the kids and let me sleep in, well as long as the kids would let me. Bruce tries to keep them out of the bedroom, but one of them always ends up sneaking in. Hailey came in to tell me something and then said "I'll just shut the door so you can sleep." The door was already closed until she opened it to come in. I layed there for awhile listening to them. I could tell Max was being a little stinker this morning. He had to be sent to the "naughty spot" a couple times. So I decided to come out and help. Then I realized Jack was awake too. I didn't even hear Bruce come in and get him. Bruce left and came back suprising me with a mocha. What a nice husband I have. When he got back, he decided to do some work outside, so I got the kids coats, hats, and mittens on so they could go out with him. I cleaned the house and did laundry while they were all outside. It was very cold out so it wasn't long before Hailey came in asking for hot chocolate. I made her some and then she went back outside for a little while longer. Max stayed out the whole time helping daddy. He loves being outside and doesn't mind the cold. And he loves helping daddy. I made him some hot chocolate too when he came in. Max likes making piles now. He will gather a bunch of things around the house, blankets, stuffed animals, pillows, and whatever else he can find and pretends it's his water. Then he lays in the middle of the pile. After lunch, I put Max and Jack down for their naps. I also made Hailey lay down since she was up alot last night. She complained that she didn't want to take a nap but I told her she had to lay down until the timer beaped. She ended up falling asleep. Bruce left for work a little early so he could stop at the store on the way. The house was very quiet. I got more laundry done and went through some papers that have been piling up. Hailey only slept for about 45 minutes and came out complaining that her ear hurt and was plugged. Maybe that was what was keeping her up last night. When Max woke up, he had a bunch of stuff in bed with him. He had all his stuffed animals from his basket, some cars, and all his pullups piled around him. I don't know what it is with him and making piles. Hailey did this too at around the same age, and Kimmy said that Jacob does it now too. And the stuff in their piles don't even make sense, to us anyways. It's seems to be just random things around the house. After dinner we turned off all the lights in the house and got flashlights. We played hide and seek in the dark. The kids thought it was so fun. Jack and I would go hide somewhere. Then Hailey and Max would use their flashlights to come find us. After playing that for awhile, we layed on blankets in the living room shining the flashlights on the ceiling to make "fireworks". Jack enjoyed watching the light up globe on his swing. He could see the lights much better with the room being dark. We also had fun making shadows. The kids thought it was so funny to make their hands realy big and shining it on each other to make themselves "grow". They were laughing so hard. After turning the lights back on, Hailey said she wanted to " hide in the light". She hid in a corner and pushed her stroller in front of her. Then she decided it wasn't good enough and got a bunch more things to pile up in front of her. After she thought she was well hidden, she called Max to come find her. I always think it's funny when she does this because it's so obvious where she is hiding with all the stuff piled up. While I was giving Hailey her bath, I put Jack in his bumbo seat in front of the mirror on the door. He was smiling and talking to himself and even laughed at himself a couple times. Hailey has been asking to see pictures of us before we got married, so I got out some picture books to show her before tucking her in bed tonight. She thought it was funny to see me with short hair and to see daddy with longer hair and a "beard". After getting Hailey to bed, I got Jack laughing really hard while tickling him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so glad when I read that Bruce got you a mocha. Way to go Bruce! Oh the piles that Jacob makes:) Many times (like today) I can't even get thru the hallway. Does Hailey still do that (except to hide herself - too funny)? We'll have to do shadow's on the wall, that sound like fun! How do Hailey's new clothes fit her?

Melissa said...

Yep, that's how it is around here, can't get through the hallway or living room sometimes. And if I try to put something away when they walk away from their pile, they always notice. Even if it's something small. It just seems so random to me but it's all important stuff to them. Hailey still does it but not as much as she usued to. Her piles seem to make a more sense like piling all her dolls and dollclothes on the couch. She'll add a few weird things here and there like a stool or something. But I can always see a purpose for everything in her pile like she'll tip the stool upside down to use as a bed for her baby. Max's piles just seems like he goes around gathering anything he can find (just like Hailey did at that age). I don't get it but it is funny.

Melissa said...

Hailey's new clothes fit perfect. And they look so cute on her. Her very favorite is the long skirt. She loves it.

Melissa said...

Jacob would probably like seeing his shadow "grow" too. Just have him face a wall and shine a flashlight behind him moving it closer and closer to him. Hailey and Max thought it was the funniest thing.