Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hailey took these pictures after she took the video of Jack eating his first bite of cereal.




Hailey and Max were playing with Barney and Elmo and asked Jack to come play with them too.



While they were eating their snack, Max grabbed a piece of paper and drew a line. Then Hailey grabbed a marker and drew a line across his. They kept taking turns drawing lines without saying a word. When they were done, they held it up and said "Look what we made". It was pretty interesting watching them make this without even discussing it.

I was up until 3:00 last night so Bruce got up with the kids again and let me sleep in. I slept until 10:00. I fed Jack some cereal for the first time. I wanted Bruce to get his first bite with the video camera. Then Hailey grabbed the digital camera and took videos and pictures. I don't think he knew what to think of it at first but after taking a few bites, he started to like it. After that, we got ready and went to Walmart for a few things. When we got back, we made nachos for lunch. Hailey was very excited when she saw what we were having. It's one of her favorites. She likes to make her own plate putting everything on, and she loves to push the button to start the microwave. Max pretended to be a kitty which he does just about every day. I love it when he is a "kitty" becasue he gets really cuddly, and I get lots of cuddles and kisses from him. He kept saying "Betend I'm a sad kitty." Then I would give him kisses and pet his head and he would smile and say "Now I'm a happy kitty." It sure keeps him occupied. He'll play this for as long as I play along. Bruce left for work, and I put Max and Jack down for a nap. While I was on the computer looking up ideas for Christmas gifts, Hailey drew pictures and colored. Max woke up from his nap a little grumpy. Hailey and Max were arguing alot over toys, so I showed Max the bean jars and told him that if I catch them playing nice I'll give them both a bean to put in the jar. After that they started playing so nicely together. They were excited when I gave them each a bean. I didn't think Max would quite understand but he did, and it worked great. They played nice and got along the rest of the day. I gave them a couple more beans before getting ready for bed. Max started cleaning up the toys without me telling him and Hailey started helping too. After they cleaned up the living room, I gave them a couple more beans. It sure changed their behavior and we had a very peaceful evening with no fighting over toys. I gave the kids some measuring cups and spoons to play with in the bath. They had fun pretending to cook different things for me. Well, it's 2:00 right now and I am getting tired so I guess I better get off here and get some sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love feeding babies their first foods. Hailey takes great pictures.