Monday, November 24, 2008

Parents/Grandparents Day at Preschool







She was so excited to see Papa walk in. She ran up to give him a hug.

After the song was over, she layed her head down on the drum. She was so tired.
Taking a bow.
Catching snowflakes on her tongue.
Eating snow.

Making a snow angel.



Our heart we made in the snow.





We set the self timer to take these pictures.







Here are some pictures that Kimmy took today while she was watching Max.

Watching Sesame Street.

Playing with moon sand.

Boys at lunchtime.


Chasing Aunt Meme with snowballs.

Walking through the woods.


They liked climbing up this small hill.
And then they would slide down it.

Carrying the big sticks they found.


Hiding on Aunt Meme.
Here are a couple videos I took while Hailey was feeding Jack.
Bruce got Max up and took him to Kimmy's house on his way to work. Even though it was really early, Max woke right up and was extremely excited. I got Hailey and Jack ready and took Hailey to school. Then I came back home for a little while before going back at 9:30 when the parents and grandparents were supposed to show up. Nana, Papa and Grandpa also came. The teacher had all the kids introduce their family members first, and then they sang some songs for us. They played instruments and did some motions. Hailey was very tired and toward the end it looked like she was going to fall asleep. (We had her to bed on time last night but she came out of her room at 10:00 and then woke up a couple times in the middle of the night. I think she was excited and was having a hard time sleeping.) After singing some songs and showing us some of the things they do in class, they had fruit and cookies for us. The kids had made the chocolate chip cookies in class on Friday. Hailey was very excited for us to eat the cookies she helped make. We all had such a nice time, and the kids did such a good job singing and playing their instruments for us. At the end, they sang a song thanking God for some things that the kids said they were thankful for. Then the teacher asked the moms to name a few things they were thankful for. On the way home, Hailey asked me why I didn't say what I was thankful for. I told her they didn't have time for every mom to say something. She asked me what I wanted to say. While I was thinking about it, she said "I know. You wanted to say your kids." I told her she was right. Then she said "I knowed that because I know you love me." (One of the other moms did say "thank you for our kids", but Hailey didn't understand that she was speaking for us all and meant we are all thankful for our kids.) It started snowing shortly after we got home. Hailey and I played doll house for a little while. Then I had Hailey rest on the couch while I went through the kids drawers and put away all their summer clothes. When Hailey's rest time was over, I decided to take her outside. It was the first big snowfall of the year, so she was really excited to go out and play in the snow. I put Jack in his exersaucer in front of the door while we went out. Jack sure loved watching us out the window. He was making lots of noise and getting very excited. He's got this new sound he makes now when he gets excited. It's a deep throaty sound, almost like he's trying to scream. It's so funny. Hailey liked eating the falling snowflakes. She made a snow angel. She really liked when I made an H with my footprints. Then she helped me make a heart with our footprints and also the letter M for mommy. We made a snowman and she rolled the head all by herself. I took pictures of Hailey with her snowman and she wanted me in the picture too so we set the self timer on the camera. Then we came in for some hot chocolate to warm us up. Hailey kept asking what time Max was going to come home. She asked this over and over all day long. I asked her why and she said that she missed him and wanted to play with him. She looked at the clock at 6:45 and said "Look, It's 9:30." She was close. If the hands were switched around it would have been right." I was surprised because I didn't know she knew that when one hand is on the 6 it means 30. She is getting pretty good at telling time and getting the hour right most of the time. Daddy and Max came home around 7:00. Max was talking very loudly and excitedly as he walked through the door, running straight to me in the living room. He told me all about his great time he had "going bye bye with daddy to Aunt Meme's house". He said "I play wif dirt wif Jacob. I play wif da dirt in da house. It was blue dirt...I like playing wif dirt in da house wif Jacob." We had meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner. Hailey fed Jack most of his cereal. She was cute telling him to open for the racecar. He was sure smiling alot at her and could hardly keep the food in his mouth. Then she helped me give him a bath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Hailey and her snowman and also the one of her making a snow angel.