Tuesday, November 4, 2008




Bruce got up with the kids and let me sleep in until Jack woke up. We had eggs, potatoes, and toast for breakfast. Bruce put Max in the backpack while he mowed the yard. Max loved it. Hailey played in her room with her snap 'n style dolls. After Bruce was done mowing the lawn, Hailey, Jack and I went outside too. The kids played on the swings. Then we took Max over to the neighbors house. Connie watched him while we went to vote. Hailey really wanted to come watch us vote. She "voted" at school yesterday and was very interested. She was happy to get a sticker for voting. They also gave Jack a sticker. When we got back and picked Max up, he said "I want to go boten(voting) wike Haywee." I gave Max Jack's sticker. He was happy with that. We got the mail, and I gave Hailey the junk mail. One of them was an election information flier. Hailey took that and circled some of the candidates pictures. She then handed it to me and said "This is my vote." Hailey asked to make a project so I got out the art bucket. After looking through it, she decided she wanted to do something with buttons. First I gave them each an egg carton to sort them according to color, size, etc. After doing that for awhile, I got out some construction paper and glue. I asked them what they wanted to make. Hailey said "an H and a heart", and Max said "I want to make my name." I wrote Max's name on the paper and helped him trace it with the glue. Hailey wanted to write her H and draw her heart by herself. She did a good job and then traced it with the glue. Then they added buttons, sticking them onto the glue. This kept them busy while we got lunch ready. We ate lunch and then left to take Jack to the doctor. He just had a follow up appointment with the pediatric surgeon. He said everything is looking good. The kids were very good again, so the doctor let them each pick another toy out of toy chest. He's such a nice doctor. After the appointment, we went to the park. It was a beautiful day. I think it hit 70 degrees. Hailey was even wearing shorts. Max was sure hard to keep up with. He would just keep running from one thing to the next. Hailey found a little boy about Max' age and asked him to be her friend. They played together and she held his hand as they walked around. She was being so sweet to him. When he left, she asked me to help her find another friend. I showed her a another girl and told her to go ask her. She said that the girl was too old for her (she was probably about 6 or 7) and she wanted a friend her or Max's age. A little while later, a girl about Hailey's age came to the park. I heard the little girl tell her mom that Hailey was her friend and her mom was asking her where she knew Hailey from. The little girl said she didn't know but she was her friend from somewhere. I thought the little girl looked familiar too so I asked Hailey if she knew who she was. Hailey said "Yeah, she's from camping." We talked to her mom and found out they did go to family camp. Hailey was right. The little girl was in Hailey's class. They played together the rest of the time and went around holding hands. Bruce and I visited with her mom while they played. We played at the park for a couple hours and then picked up some subs on the way home for dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who was the little girl from Bayshore? It's always nice to run into someone from there isn't it.