Wednesday, September 17, 2008












Today was the first day I had to take all three kids by myself to drop Hailey off at school. It went pretty well. I woke Jack up to feed him at about 7:00 and he fell right back to sleep. Then at 7:30 I got Hailey up. We ate breakfast together. I loved that time we had together. She was talking to me the whole time and she's so excited in the morning on school days. After breakfast, she got dressed and brushed her teeth and hair. I didn't wake Max up until right before we had to leave. Last night, we got home so late that I told Max that we weren't going to read books because we had just had story time at the library. He had got his two tractor books off his shelf and really wanted to read them. I had him set them on the floor and told him we would read them tomorrow. He was satisfied with that and said "When I wake up I can read dem." So when I woke him up this morning, right away as soon as he sat up in his bed he remembered and said "Now I can read my tractor books." I got him dressed and then got Jack in his carseat. He woke up and smiled at me as I was buckling him in. He was looking at Hailey and giving her some smiles in the van too. When we got to school, Hailey helped by taking Max's hand in the parking lot. She was so cute with him as she talked to him like a little mommy while taking his hand. Jack was a little heavy carrying him in the carseat. I wanted to push the stroller in but there was steps and no ramp. We made it inside and got Hailey to her class. I set the carseat down while I helped her get ready for gym class. The teacher wants the parents to help them get into their gym shoes quickly. Hailey put one shoe on and then got distracted because a bunch of kids came up to see the baby. She got up and started rubbing Jack's head and giving him kisses. I put her other shoe on for her because everybody was talking to her and asking her questions about her baby brother. Max wouldn't walk in the parking lot without taking my hand. I was using two hands to carry the carseat and tried to get him to just walk along side me. He said "But da cars will get me." He stopped at the sidewalk and would not continue on without my hand. So I took his hand and managed to carry the carseat with one hand even though I almost felt like I wasn't going to make it to the van. When we got home, I read Max his tractor books and he played with his cars and trucks. Even though he thinks he wants to go to school too, he really enjoys his quiet playtime while Hailey's at school. He sits and plays with his toys so quietly until we have to leave to go pick Hailey up. He also usually goes and gets a couple things out of Hailey's dollhouse. He likes to take the swings off the little swingset (the ladder part) and use it as a train track for the little toy train from her dollhouse. He also likes to pretend the swingset is a bridge and push his cars under it. Hailey won't let him use it when she is home. She doesn't like him to take it apart. It's funny how he knows to go get it when she isn't home. We got to the school a little early to pick Hailey up. They were all sitting in a circle while the teacher read them a book. Max and I sat down on the floor in the hallway and listened to the story. He really liked sitting and listening to her read the book. He sat there really good and whispered when he talked to me. He said "When I get bigger, I can go to school. Wah, just wike Haywee. Wes I can." Hailey ran up and said goodbye to a couple of her friends and her teacher before we left. She took Max's hand again in the parking lot telling me that she is such a good helper. When we got home, the kids made a card for Grandpa's birthday. After coloring in the card, Max asked me to trace his hand. There wasn't anymore room on the card so we got another small piece of paper and I traced it for him. Then he said "I want to make wots and wots and wots of hands for Grampa". So I traced his hands a bunch more times on both sides of the paper. Then he said "We gotta give dem to Grampa for his dirday (birthday)." After Hailey couldn't fit anymore pictures on the card, she wanted to make more pictures for Grandpa. So she got a few more pieces of paper and as she was drawing she said "Grandpa's going to love these." Max took a nap after lunch but only slept for about an hour. I got out the playdough for the kids to play with. Max liked when I made him a bunch of little balls. Then I got him a tractor and a dump truck. He loved having the tractor scoop up the "rocks" and dump them into the dumptruck. He also liked using the rolling pin to smooth out the playdough and then drive his tractor over it. He was very interested in the marks the wheels made on it. He would look at them really closely, and then he would feel with his hands the difference between using the rolling pin and the tractor. He would say "Now it is smooth... Now it is bumpy..." He played with it for such a long time too. After awhile he had broken it all up into a bunch of tiny pieces to put in his dumptruck. When he was done playing with it, I started smushing it all together to put it away, and he said "You mess it up. You mess my dirt up." When Bruce woke up, we ate dinner and then left to go to my parents house for Grandpa's party. Uncle Jared and Papa were playing ping pong down in the basement so all the kids went down with them to play with the toys. They love riding the cars around the ping pong table. Then we sang "Happy Birthday" and had cake and icecream. The kids liked licking the frosting off the candles. The kids ran around playing hide and seek. Then we put a movie in for them. The boys wanted to watch the "Cars" movie and the girls wanted to watch "Cinderella" so we set them up in different rooms. I love to listen to Jacob and Max laugh and talk about their favorite parts of the movie as they're watching it. It's so cute to hear them carry on a conversation. Hailey and Kenzie made popcorn to eat while they watched their movie. We left around 9:30 and Hailey fell asleep on the way home. Max was tired and ran straight to his bed and crawled in it when we got home.

No comments: