Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 2




I love this outfit. I had to take a picture of the back cause it's so cute.



Hailey and Kenedy running up the hill

Hailey was very excited and couldn't wait to get in.


At first Max didn't want to get in, but once he did he really liked it.






















The kids all had fun climbing this big tree in the middle of all our campsites.


Max and Drew playing cars. Max kept saying "He's my fwend."
Hailey and Delainy were best little friends.
And Max was Kenedy's little buddy. He just loved her.
Waiting for hayride.





Walking back to campsite after hayride.





Hailey was so tired and fell asleep so fast. One minute she was laying there talking to us and the next minute we looked over and she was asleep.



The kids woke up very early this morning and crawled in bed with us. After cuddling for awhile, we got up and had breakfast. As soon as they were done eating, Hailey and Max begged to go to the playground. Daddy took them over while I got myself and Jack ready for the day. Jack was very smiley while I was talking to him. Daddy and Papa Dan decided to take the kids kayaking. I wanted to take pictures, so I rode along to drop them off at the river while Nonnie stayed and watched Jack. He was sleeping when I left, so I thought he would be ok for the short time I was gone. When I got back, he was crying. She said he started as soon as I left and didn't stop the whole 20 minutes. He calmed down while I fed him but started crying again as soon as he finished. Jack was still very fussy after we ate lunch, so Grandma Brenda got a bucket and filled it with warm water for a bath. He really enjoyed his bath. Then I noticed he had prickly heat rash all over his back. I think he is used to the air conditioning at home and just got too hot. So I kept him in just a diaper and layed him on his belly in his bassinet, which we brought outside in the shade. He fell asleep and his rash quickly started going away. When Jack woke up, we left to go to an Amish store. We got some different dried fruits (kiwi and pineapple) to try. We let the kids each pick out some candy too. Hailey was very excited when she saw candy corn and picked that. I put Max down for a nap as soon as we got back. He seemed happy to lay down, and it didn't take long for him to fall asleep. Hailey shared her candy corn with the girls and then they started playing under the camper (We have a curtain to keep the bikes and stroller dry which they called their fort.) They said they were playing a game called "spy on the parents" and they would peek out and listen to us talking. They were also playing with the bucket of play dishes, and one of the girls decided to fill the bucket up with sand. They ran over to the playground and brought back pails of sand to fill it up. I thought it was cute how they were all sitting with their feet in the bucket of sand. When Max woke up, he had fun playing cars with Drew. He said "I playing wif my fwend." They all played together until it was time for the hayride. Daddy rode with them. It took them for a ride around the campground and when it came to a small hill (which was named "Scream Hill"), the driver would stop the tractor at the top and put his hand up to his ear waiting to hear the kids scream before going down the hill. Then the kids would start yelling "Scream Hill" over and over, and he would take them around to do it again. They also stopped to see the "Candy Man" and each got to pick a piece of candy. They sure had fun. When we got back, Grandma Brenda took Hailey with her to the camp store. She came back excited to show me the suckers she picked out for her and Max. She decided she should save them for tomorrow and asked me to put them somewhere safe. When it started getting dark, we sat around the campfire. Jack was very happy and smiling alot tonight before bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kayaking looks like fun. I love the pictures of Jack in his bassinet with just his diaper on. When I enlarge the picture I can notice the heat rash on his back – poor little guy. Candy corn – good choice Hailey. I love candy corn this time of year. The pictures of the girls with their feet in the bucket are cute. “spy on the parents game” – too funny. Hailey looks so tired in that second to last picture. Awh. Love her pj’s.