Sunday, September 28, 2008


Bruce is on days now so I took the kids to church by myself this morning. I took Max back to the nursery right away instead of keeping him out for praise and worship. As I was walking him back, he said "But do we gotta sing pirst (first)?" I asked him if he wanted to go play with friends in his class. And he said "Wah, I will play in my cwass and den I will sing. I said "You like to sing at church, don't you.", and he replied "Wes, I do." My parents invited us over for lunch after church. While we were there, Wes and Gayla stopped in. We had a nice visit with them. Hailey colored pictures for everyone. Then she cut pieces of paper in half and wrote all of our names on them. She asked me how to spell Wes and Gayla. She went around and passed them out to everyone and asked us all to draw our favorite thing on them. Then she went over to Gayla and asked her to write some different things on a piece of paper for her. First she asked her to draw some hearts. She said "Draw one in each corner, so four hearts." Then she said, "Now can you write LOVE for me? No write my Bible verse, Love one another." We got home around 6:30. Daddy was home and had dinner ready, one of Kimmy's chickens. It was very good. While I was getting Max ready for bed, Hailey asked to help daddy in the kitchen. He was making chicken pop pie for tomorrow. He set her up on the cupboard and let her help put in the ingredients for the crust. Then I came out and told her it was her turn to get ready for bed. She asked if she could please stay up and help daddy. I told her she could if she wanted instead of reading her books tonight. She was very happy that I let her. Then she said "I got to learn how to cook, so I can make nice things for when I want to have a party." She helped daddy spread the dough in the pan and said "Oh, this is the fun part!"







Hailey took these last three pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids say such cute thing. I love the outfits that Hailey and Jack are wearing.

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures. What cuties! love mom