Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 1 (camping again)

Cuddle time with baby brother before school



"This is my house. And this is my upstairs."



After hitting the ball once, he picks it up and runs to go put it in the hole.

Then he comes running back saying "Yeah!"







After awhile, Max decided it was easier to just skip hitting the ball and just run it to the hole in the first place. He said "I will just do it wike dis." He would then set it down like he was going to hit it but then just pick it right back up to run it down to the hole.

And he would still come running back saying "Yeah" after just setting it in the hole.


"Were did my ball go?" This was the last hole, and he just couldn't figure out how it disappeared.
"I wanna ba-wence"












Eating yummy smores!



After taking Hailey to school, Bruce came home and packed the camper. Max was so quiet while playing with his trucks and tractors most of the morning.. He got up to go look out the window. He quietly watched out the window and looked like he was really thinking about something. After awhile, he said "Is dat da neighbors house over dere? Do he hab a house wike we do? Wes, he does. Do he hab a table? And chairs too? And he hab a doggy and a moobie (movie- he means TV) too. Just wike we do... Can we go see him at his house? Is dat my good dea?" We called grandpa to tell him happy birthday. Max talked to him and said "Happy Dirday Gwampa. I make a card for you, for your dirday." He said "I wuv you" and gave him a kiss on the phone before handing the phone back to me. I don't know how well grandpa could hear him but it was so sweet. We left shortly after Hailey got home from school to go camping. We stopped at McDonald's for lunch on the way and got to the campground around 1:30. We got a campsite right across from the park. I took them over to the playground while Bruce set up the camper. We played until I could get in the camper to get the beds ready and some of the stuff unpacked. Then daddy came over to play with the kids. When I was done unpacking, I took Jack and went over to watch them play. A couple boys came to play also, but soon started acting very naughty (throwing rocks and sand at each other). Bruce tried telling them to play nice but they didn't listen so we decided to leave and go do something else. We played mini golf. Max would hit the ball once and then pick it up and run to put it in the hole. After a couple times of doing it like that, he said "I will just do it wike dis." Then instead of hitting it first, he just picked it up and ran all the way to the hole to put it in. Hailey would hit hers and then move it closer to the hole and try again. Hailey gave Max a big hug and said "I love you, Max." It started raining a little bit, but didn't last long so we could still have a campfire. We cooked hotdogs over the fire. Hailey wanted to do her own. Daddy told her not to let the hotdog touch the ground. A few minutes later, he wasn't paying attention and his touched the ground. I had to laugh. Then we roasted marshmellows for smores. After we were done eating, Hailey and I took one last trip to the bathroom before getting ready for bed. We had fun with our shadows on the way. Hailey ran ahead to make hers as tall as mine. Then she walked right in front of me and said "Mine is hiding." As we walked back to the camper, she said "It's really dark out. It's the middle of the night. I never been in the middle of the night before." Bruce read the kids their books. While Hailey was laying in bed, she was kicking and moving alot, so I told her that it was late and she needed to get to sleep. She said "I am. It just takes me a little while." And she was asleep within a few minutes after that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first picture is precious. Love the other pictures too.

Anonymous said...

Nice camping pictures. Glad you had fun. Love ya!