Friday, September 26, 2008

Max pushing his cars over the "bumpy road".














Hailey took these pictures. She said "Awe. He looks so cute. I need to take a picture of that."




When we got back from dropping Hailey off at school this morning, Max ran around turning every light in the house on. He just recently realized he is now tall enough to reach the light swiches, so he is always trying to play with the lights. I was feeding Jack and knew he had turned on some lights, but when I went to turn them off, I noticed he had went into every single room and turned on all the lights in the whole house. Max got out his blocks and his tractors to play with. I sat down by him and asked him if I could build something. He said "No you can't! No you can't!" He still just wants his alone playtime while Hailey is at school. Any other time I ask to play with him, he gladly says yes. Lately, it seems like I'm always straightening rugs around here. Max has been messing up every rug in the house. I didn't know why until today. He messed one up while playing with his trucks. I went to fix it and he said "No, I want to play with da rug, for da bumpy road....My truck gotta go ober da bumps." Then he pushed his truck over the messed up rug. Hailey was very excited to tell me that they had a fire drill at school today. That's the first thing she said when I came into her class to pick her up. She told me all about it and explained what they had to do. She said that it was very loud and they covered their ears as they walked outside. When we got home, there was a policeman sitting in his car parked on the side of the road. I got the kids out of the van and they both yelled hi and waved to him. He got out of his car and came over to talk to them. They were so excited and Hailey said "Mommy, he's coming to say hi to us!" He gave them each a coupon for a free icecream cone at McDonald's. That was definately the highlight of their day. That's all they talked about the rest of the day. I let Hailey try feeding Jack a bottle and he actually took it. He drank the first two ounces for Hailey pretty quickly. Then he drank another two ounces after I burped him. Usually he drinks less than a half an ounce and really just chews on it instead of sucking. And a couple times the bottle has made him even more upset. The only other time he really drank a bottle good was when he was about three weeks old and my mom was watching him. Hailey sure was proud of herself for getting him to take it for her. After lunch, we made a birthday card for Grandma Debbie. Hailey drew a sun and colored it purple. She told me it was a sunset sun. I took the kids outside to play when Max woke up from his nap. When Bruce got home from work, we left to go to the goodwill and then to the coney dog place for dinner. After taking Hailey to dance class, we went to McDonald's so the kids could use their icecream coupons. Max kept smiling up at me saying "Are I big...Are I big now, Mommy?" He must have felt big sitting their at the table with his big icecream cone. They were really big and the kids only ended up eating half of theirs. They had so much fun playing in the play area. They both were going down the huge slide. Max also really liked playing basketball with a couple other little boys. We didn't get home till 8:30. Max was very dirty so I gave him a quick shower. Daddy and Hailey were singing songs to Jack, so Max and I joined in also. Jack really liked it and was giving us all big smiles. After singing a bunch of songs, we read books and got ready for bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How thoughful for the police officer to give the kids coupons. Love Max's bumpy road. In the last few pictures of Hailey feeding Jack, I love how he is looking at her.

Anonymous said...

So Max is working for Consumers now huh! That's what grandma always said when we left too many lights on. Nice of the policeman to come talk to the kids and give them coupons. He had to be happy to get such a greeting from two sweet little ones like them. Hailey sure is a little mother to Jack. I love her expressions and his too. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

That last comment is from me too. I keep making the same boo boo.