Friday, September 19, 2008



Posing for the camera.


I woke up at 7:00 this morning to get ready to take Hailey to school. I woke her up at around 7:30. She takes a few minutes to wake up, but once she does, she gets all excited and is wide awake and talking alot. Jack woke up shortly after I woke her up. I set him on the floor in front of Hailey while I was doing her hair. He was smiling and kicking alot while she was talking to him. She said "I think he's trying to get his wiggles out." Hailey and Max have been singing "I got to shake my silly's out" alot since we sang it at the library the other day. They love to shake and wiggle while singing it. I let Max sleep until just before we had to leave. After we got back from dropping Hailey off at school, Max ran straight to the living room and sat down to play with his trucks, cars, and tractors. Daddy got home from work and sat down on the floor by Max to play with him. He said "No...I don't want you to play with me." Daddy tried getting a different car that he wasn't playing with and he again said "No, Don't play cars with me." He did the same thing to me on Wednesday while Hailey was in school. I think he just enjoys his alone time because any other time when Haily's home, he's happy to have us sit down and play with him. Sometimes he even asks us to play with him. But he really loves that quiet time he has on those mornings to play without any distractions. When we picked up Hailey, she was excited to tell me she made another friend today. She said "I made a new friend today. And it was a boy!" Even though just yesterday, she said "I don't like boys because they're boring. I don't want to be their friend, except Jacob because he's nice." Then she said "Now I have five friends." Everyday after school she tells us about the new friend she made that day. When we got home, Hailey and Max played together with all their Little People toys while I made lunch. I put Max down for a nap around 1:30. After resting on the couch for a little while, Hailey played dress-up and danced. Then she got some paper and wrote out some names after asking me how to spell them. We heard a knock at the door, and Hailey was excited to see that it was Uncle Jared. Our neighbor was working on his car. She gave him the paper she was writing on and said "I made this for you." Jacob called and talked to me. Kimmy said he brought her the phone and asked to call "Aunt Meme" (That's what he calls me. We think it's funny how my kids call Kimmy "Aunt Meme" and her kids call me the same thing. It's just the way they said our names when they were just starting to talk.) I thought it was so sweet that he wanted to call me. And he usually doesn't like to talking on the phone very much. He told me all about his trains he was playing with. When Bruce woke up, he mowed the lawn. The kids liked watching out the window. Then we went outside to play for a little while before we had to leave for dance class. Hailey did great again and danced the whole time. She really gets excited about going to dance class now, and afterwards she loves to show me the new things she's learned. We stopped at the apple barn for cookies. We ate them outside on the picnic table and then let the kids play on the little playground before we left. While getting Hailey ready for bed tonight, I layed Jack down on her bed while we read books. She started rubbing his head and when I asked her about her day (which is usually her favorite part of her bedtime routine), she said "Shh...I'm trying to put Jack to sleep." After a few minutes of rubbing his head, he fell asleep. He stayed asleep when I moved him to his crib and didn't wake up until 2:00 for a feeding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Hailey is doing so well in dance this year.