Thursday, August 28, 2008



Looking in mirror after Hailey made him "handsome".


We spent most of the day packing. The kids woke up early around 7:30. They watched Curious George and Clifford while Bruce started cleaning the house and I fed Jack. Hailey's teacher is coming for a home visit tomorrow morning and then we will leave shortly after that to go camping. Hailey is so excited to meet her teacher. She has been playing the message on our answering machine over and over to hear her voice. She even knows her teacher's name already. Yesterday and today she has been cleaning up her toys alot throughout the day, and she even gets Max to help her clean up his cars whenever he's done playing with them. She says "The house gotta be clean for when my teacher comes. So we gotta clean up our mess." After the kids were done eating their breakfast, Bruce took them to the store with him and I stayed home and packed. While I was packing, I layed Jack down on the playmat. He started cooing a little bit and reaching for the toys hanging above him. It was so sweet to hear him "talking". He was so smiley when I picked him back up. And he cooed some more as I talked to him. After lunch, Hailey played outside while Daddy packed the camper. I put Max down for his nap. He was really tired and was happy to go lay down. He slept for three hours. After we ate dinner, we played hide and seek. Then I gave the kids baths before getting them ready for bed. Max loves to play with all his little boats. He tries to get them all lined up in the water. Hailey likes to wash her dolls and play with the squirt bottles. She also loves to "fix" Max's hair when it's wet. She'll say "Want me to make you look handsome?" And he always answers "Wah" (his way of saying yeah or yes). Then she makes it stand up straight and says "There, you look so handsome now!" It's so cute the way she says it. I got Max in bed by 7:30 and Hailey in bed by 8:00. We are trying to get them used to going to bed earlier since Hailey will have to be getting up early for school soon. I dusted the house and finished packing once the kids were in bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Max looking in the mirror after Hailey made him look handsome.