Thursday, August 21, 2008











I had a dentist appointment this morning, but had to cancel it because I woke up feeling terrible. I spent most of the morning laying on the couch. Bruce took Hailey to the store with him. Jack slept the whole time they were gone and Max played quietly on the floors with his cars. I enjoyed watching him play with his cars while I rested on the couch. He's got such a good imagination and I also love all the sound effects he makes. Bruce and Hailey got home just on time for lunch. We made sandwiches and then Bruce took the kids outside to play. Around 2:00 I put Max down for his nap. Jack fell asleep again too so I took a short nap. I felt a little better when I woke up. I woke Max up at 5:00 so we could eat dinner and leave to go to grandpa's. We decided to pack their bikes in the van and take the kids to the church first so they could ride their bikes in the parking lot. They loved being able to ride all around in a wide open space with no cars to worry about. I sat in the back of the van with Jack and watched. Max would ride his motorcycle up to me and say "I gotta go to work. Bye Bye. Give me a kiss first." He would get off his motorcycle and come up puckering to give me a kiss. Then he would get back on his motorcycle and wave saying bye as he rode off. He would ride around the van and then come back saying "I back now" and start all over again asking me for another kiss. There was professional BMX freestyle artist there practicing in the parking lot. The kids really liked watching him doing tricks on his bike. Hailey would say "Come on Max. Let's go watch the show." Then they would ride their bikes up closer to where he was practicing and stand there watching him. Max even clapped for him a few times. Max was very interested and was really watching him carefully like he was trying to learn some things. He's already trying to do different "tricks" with his motorcycle and cars. Daddy got the Frisbee out and played that with Hailey. Then we went over to the playground. They had fun going down the slides. After they played for awhile, we walked back to the van and they rode their bikes around again while I sat and fed Jack. Then we headed over to grandpa's house. The kids got their bikes out and rode up and down grandpa's driveway. Bruce found a toad in the garden and the kids had fun playing with it. They sat down and put their feet together to try to keep the toad from hopping away. Max had his knees bent a little bit so it was able to escape a few times which had them laughing so hard every time. They liked putting it in Hailey's bike basket and riding around with it. They also liked putting it in the Frisbee and carrying it around in that. When the toad finally made it under the van so the kids couldn't reach it anymore, we went inside and visited with grandpa. We stopped at the store on the way home to get a few things that Bruce forgot to get earlier. After getting the kids in bed, Bruce and I had icecream while we watched some of the Olympics that we had recorded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jack sure does have so thick hair. So cute!