Saturday, August 9, 2008




Anytime, I lay Jack on his belly, Max comes over and lays by him just like this. It's so sweet how he rubs his head and cuddles with him.












Bruce had to be at a golf outing today for work. Since he's on midnights and still had to work last night, he will be up for over 24 hours straight. All three of the kids woke up around the same time last night. Around 4:00, Max came and crawled in bed with me while I was feeding Jack. I waited until I was done feeding him before taking Max back to his bed. Max pet Jack's head the whole time I was feeding him. Just as I was taking Max back to his bed, Hailey woke up. She was hungry and thirsty, so I let her have a handful of dry cereal and some water and then took her back to her bed. After about a half an hour, Hailey came crawling in bed with me saying she couldn't get to back sleep. I let her stay in bed with me and she fell asleep pretty quickly after that. I still couldn't sleep though because Jack was still wide awake grunting and making lots of noise. I think it was almost 6:00 by the time I fell back asleep. Jack woke up around 8:00 and Max at 9:00. Max, Jack, and I cuddled on the couch and watched the tractor movie. Hailey didn't wake up until 10:00. While Max was eating his breakfast, he stuck his hands in his cereal bowl and rubbed milk in his hair. I don't know why he decided to do that, but he sure was a mess, so I gave him a quick shower and cleaned him up. Hailey has been begging to give Jack a bottle. So after she ate her breakfast, I got one ready and let her and Max feed him a little bit. It was the first time Max has fed a baby a bottle before. Although he's had lots of practice with dolls, thanks to his big sister. He really enjoyed feeding Jack the bottle and didn't want to let Hailey have a turn. He told her to "wait just two more ninutes". After Max woke up from his nap, I got out my keyboard for the kids to play with while I made dinner. They were both laughing so hard when they pushed different numbers to play different sounds. They thought some of the sounds were so funny. I don't think I have ever heard them laugh so hard. After eating dinner, I gave them both baths. Then they played the keyboard again until bedtime. They were having a hard time calming down from all the giggling, so before reading books, we all sat in a circle on the floor and played a clapping game, which they loved, and we all had alot of fun playing it. We would each take turns doing different clapping patterns for the others to copy. After playing that for a few minutes, they settled down enough to start our bedtime routine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such adorable pictures of the kiddos with baby brother. So sweet, I love the expressions. Love ya