Monday, August 11, 2008




Bruce got up with Max and Hailey at 8:00 this morning. I slept in until Jack woke up around 10:00. Jack didn't sleep as well last night. I went to my parents house this afternoon. Kimmy, Jacob, and Adam were there too. They have been on vacation so we haven't seen them in a couple weeks. The kids were so excited to see each other. You could tell they really missed each other. I took them outside to play while Kimmy stayed in the house and held Jack. Hailey and Jacob had fun riding the jeeps around the yard and Max was happy riding the little ride-on car. Hailey would put her purse over her shoulder as she drove her jeep around the yard, and Jacob would get out and lift the hood to check his engine on his jeep. He would pretend to fix it and then get back in and drive it around again. It was funny to watch them. Max liked driving his car through the wood chip pile pretending to get stuck in the "ditch". Then he would say "Maybe you can pull me out." As I pulled him out he would say "Tanchew (thankyou) Mator". After a while, my mom and Kimmy came outside too. Jack was hungry so I fed him while we all sat in chairs and watched the kids play in the sand and on the swings. Around 5:30, we left to go home and eat dinner. The kids played on the swings while daddy got dinner ready. Hailey is doing really good pumping and can get herself going just as high as when we push her. A few days ago, while we were playing outside and I was holding Jack, she asked me if I could push her on the swing. I told her I couldn't right now, so she said "But you could just give me just a little push and I can get higher myself." She did really well and has been doing it ever since. Today she decided to try starting all by herself and was very proud of herself that she didn't need any help from me at all. The neighbor came out to check his garden and Hailey ran up to the fence and started talking to him. She talked to him for quite awhile. After we ate dinner, we left to go drop Jack off at my mom's before going to a preschool open house. It was the first time we left Jack with anyone, and I wasn't sure how he would do with a bottle, but the open house was only an hour long and the preschool wasn't too far from my parents house. Hailey was very excited to go visit the preschool. She has been begging to go to preschool ever since she heard that Sebastian goes to preschool. She was very quiet when we first got there. Max ran straight to the toys and started playing right away, but it took Hailey a litte longer to start playing. She went to the book area and had me read her a couple books first and then headed over for the dolls and dollhouse. Max really liked putting the train tracks together and playing with the cars and trucks. The teacher seemed really nice and answered all our questions while the kids played. Before we left, we let the kids play on the playground. My mom said Jack did really well and drank most of his bottle. I'm glad to know he'll take one when I'm not around. Jack stayed awake alot more today. He has still been sleeping most of the day, only waking up a couple hours in the morning and an hour or two in the evening. Other than that, he wakes only to eat and quickly falls asleep while I'm feeding him. But today he stayed awake for about three hours this morning and was awake for a few hours this evening too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so cute how excited the kids were. I loved how they all jumped up and down as they clapped their hands.

One of us said...

I'm ready to see a recent picture of Jack (or see him in person). They change so fast at this age. Love ya. Hope to see ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that last post is by me.