Tuesday, August 5, 2008





Playing dress-up.


Pretending to get ready for school. She has her backpack and even put slippers on for shoes.







Today we had to take Jack and Max to the hospital to get their X-rays. Jack also had to have an ultrasound of his spine. The doctor just ordered them as a precaution because of the family history of spina bifida. First, they did Jack's ultrasound. As I was undressing him, they told me to get a pacifier ready because he would probably scream since he would have to be on his belly the whole time. But he didn't cry at all and actually seemed to enjoy it. He was wide awake but so relaxed during the whole thing. The doctor and nurses were even laughing and commenting on how relaxed he was. Then they took him to do the X-ray. They had me help hold him still. Even with his arms held above his head and his legs pinned down he didn't cry. Bruce went back with Max when it was his turn. He said Max did really well too. He climbed right up onto the table and layed right down. And he layed very still for them exactly how they told him to. He was very brave and was such a big boy. Afterwards, we stopped and got Max a donut for being so good. Then we went to Nana's to pick up Hailey. Hailey fell asleep on the way home. Bruce carried her in and layed her on the couch. It was 6:30 and she didn't want to wake up. I figured I would let her rest for about 15 minutes and then wake her up so she would still go to bed good tonight. Max really wanted her to play with him. After a few minutes, he climbed up on the couch and layed practically on top of her getting his face right up close to hers and started talking very softly to her asking her to wake up and play with him. She still wouldn't wake up though, so he ran over and picked out her two favorite cars from his pile of matchbox cars and took them over to her. He tried to show her them and asked her again if she wanted to come play cars with him. He seemed disappointed when she still wouldn't wake up. So I got out his tractors and blocks, and I sat down and played with him for awhile. Around 7:00 I tried again to wake Hailey up, but she just wouldn't wake up so I decided to move her to her bed and hope she would still sleep all night. She was really tired and still needs to catch up on her sleep after such a busy week with camping. Even since we've been home, she's been staying up late and not getting any naps. Well, now the house is quiet. The kids are all asleep, and Bruce is too since he's on midnights. So I guess I should go get caught up on my laundry before Jack wakes up for another feeding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the x-rays went well. I love Max's smile in that last picture with Jack.

Anonymous said...

Max looks alot like Jacob in the pics of him holding Jack.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he sure does. There has been a couple pictures of Jacob too that I thought looked alot like Max. I notice it more when I scroll down through the pictures quickly. I also see alot of Kenzie in Jacob especially when I look back at their baby pictures.