Saturday, August 16, 2008















Hailey woke up around 3:30 last night and didn't fall back asleep until around 4:30. Jack also didnt sleep too well last night. He woke up to eat around 2:30 and then again around 3:30. When I layed him back in his bed after I was done feeding him, he layed there wide awake for about 40 minutes before falling back asleep. He wasn't crying, but I still couldn't get to sleep hearing him grunting the whole time. He is so noisy. Once he finally did get to sleep, he only slept for about a half an hour before waking to eat again. Usually he is a very good sleeper only waking about every 4 hours to eat and then falling right back to sleep again. I don't know why he was up so much last night. I was still awake at 6:30 when Bruce got up to go to work. I must have fallen asleep pretty quickly after that though cause I don't remember hearing him come back in the bedroom to get dressed. The kids and I slept until about 9:00. Max asked to go potty as soon as he woke up and then said "Now I can wear big boy pants" as he ran to pick a pair out to wear today. Jack was sure smiley this morning. He smiled so big everytime I would kiss his hands and talk to him. He loves to look at this one hanging flower when I lay him on his activity mat. He even tries reaching for it. When I moved him to a different spot thinking he would like the change, he got upset and started crying. He stopped as soon as I moved him back. And he did that a few more times today. I guess he really likes that flower. He is really starting to get a little personality. We ate breakfast and then Hailey and I got on our Webkinz. Hailey was very excited to have me get on mine because she had sent me lots of mail. She loves to send me gifts and letters. She has figured out how to send mail all on her own so she can suprise me. She always tells me to look the other way while she goes to the store to buy something or picks out her paper and stickers. Since she can't read though, sometimes she'll send me a happy birthday note or one that says to have a nice day at school. It's so sweet how she stands and watches me with such an excited look while I open my gifts and read my letters. Of course she also loves it when I send her mail. I think that is her favorite thing to do on her Webkinz right now is sending and opening her mail. Sometimes I'll get on mine and there will be 5 letters from her. She doesn't realize that it cost Kinzcash (what you earn from playing games and answering trivia questions) everytime you send mail, and it cost alot more to use pretty wrapping paper when sending gifts which she always picks out the prettiest paper. I have to keep up on answering the trivia questions to earn enough Kinzcasah to support her spending on gifts and sending mail. While Jack was taking his nap, I got out the art box and helped the kids make butterflies. They loved decorating them with cut up pieces of construction paper and glitter. Max was very proud of what he made and kept showing us all day everytime he passed by the fridge and saw it hanging up. He would say "I make dat" holding it up and then making it "fly" by moving its wings. After lunch, Max and Hailey took naps. I was so tired and planned on taking a nap too since Jack was taking his nap at the same time, but when I layed down I couldn't stop thinking of all the things I could be getting done. So after laying there for about 15 minutes I got up and did some laundry and resized some pictures to put on the blog. When they woke up, we went outside to play. Bruce stopped and picked up a pizza on his way home from work. We were still outside playing when he got home. After we ate our pizza, we went for a walk. We stopped in to show the baby to one of the teachers that Bruce used to work with. We stayed and visited for awhile and then walked down to the park. When we got back, I gave the kids showers and then got Max to bed. Daddy let Hailey stay up a little later and make cookie dough with him. She liked putting all the ingredients in and stirring it. She thought it was so special to get to eat a treat at bedtime.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful butterflies the kids made. Great idea. I love the pictures of Hailey helping in the kitchen too.
Thanks again for the great meal Sunday. It was delicious and so much fun spending time together. Love to all,

Anonymous said...

I love the sleeping picture of Jack and the one of his feet. Soooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the sleeping picture of Jack and the one of his feet. Soooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of Jack's feet. The pictures of Hailey helping Daddy are cute.

Melissa said...

Hey Kimmy, do you think you could copy the picture of his feet and make it black and white with your program?