Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hailey and Max "skiing"






















This morning, Hailey cut two strips of paper and said they were her skies. (Last night, she looked at pictures of her three year old cousin, Megan, skiing. I think that's what gave her the idea.) Then she put them under her feet sliding across the floor with them. They kept coming out from under her feet though, so I taped another strip of paper on them to keep them in place. Max saw her sliding around the kitchen and wanted some "skies" too. I made him some, and then Hailey took his hand to show him how to slide his feet across the floor. They had so much fun pretending to ski. I was putting away clothes in my room, and Max came in and climbed on the bed. Then he said "I a wacecar. I Light NcKeen. See?" as he crawled around on the bed with his tongue sticking way out. I didn't think much of it the first time, but then he did it again. Then I rememberd in the beginning of the movie, Lightning McQueen sticks his tongue out as he crosses the finish line and ends up in a three way tie. Max thought that part was so funny the other day when we watched it and laughed so hard. He said "Da wacecar punny, Mommy. He too punny." It's funny what little details kids pick up on. When Bruce woke up this afternoon, he went out to mix some cement for the utility room floor. Hailey really wanted to watch so he took her out with him. When Max saw that she went outside with daddy, he wanted to go out. So I got him ready and took him out to watch too. After watching daddy mix it and spread it, they got out their cars and played outside for a while. Then we came in and got ready to leave. We told them we were going to go see Grandpa, but decided we would stop and get something to eat first. We asked the kids if they wanted to go to Taco Bell, and Max said "No I just wanna go tee Gampa." Then when we got in the van, he said "We goin to Gampa's house!" He was so excited about going to see Grandpa. When we pulled in his driveway, Max said "Is Gampa here?" I told him yes he was, and he got so excited kicking his feet and smiling so big saying "I wanna go in da house and tee Gampa." He ran up to the door and then right up to Grandpa to say hi when he got in. He kept crawling up on his lap the whole time and going up to him showing him things and talking to him. He sure does love Grandpa. Hailey got out Grandpa's cards and wanted me to play a game with her. I played "Go Fish" with her and then she wanted to teach me a new game that she had made up. She said "I will be the boss of you cause I know how to play this game and you don't. But I'm only the boss for this game. At home and when we're not playing this game, then you are the boss." Then she tried to teach me her game which was a matching game with some silly rules, like you have to hold the card right up close to you face when you look at it. We had fun and I had alot of laughs with all the silly things she came up with while teaching me the rules to her game. Max started getting really tired so we left around 8:00 to get him home to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That side view of Max in that first picture reminds me of you Mel. Nice skies!

Anonymous said...

Love those skis. So creative. Love Nana