Saturday, April 12, 2008












Didn't sleep well last night, so I woke up feeling sick this morning. I woke up around 3:00 to go to the bathroom and get something to eat. Then I couldn't get back to sleep. Around 4:00, I decided to get up and write in the kids baby books, since I've been getting a little behind lately. I thought I was starting to feel a little tired around 5:00 so I tried to lay back down, but still couln't fall asleep. I just lay there awake until Bruce got up to get ready for work. I sat on the couch with him for a little bit and then went back to bed. I think I finally fell back to sleep around 7:00. At least the kids slept in a little bit this morning. They didn't wake up till 9:00. I put a Barney video in for the kids and sat on the couch with them to watch it. I was having alot of contractions, especially if I was standing. They would slow down a little if I sat reclined in the chair. After Barney was over we ate breakfast, and even while just sitting at the table I was having alot of contractions. Sometimes they were only five minutes apart. After we ate, I decided to put in some home videos to watch which helped me rest instead of getting up to do stuff around the house. I was feeling sick and puking on and off all day. When I said I felt sick, Hailey ran and got me the bucket. Then she got me a cup of water and brought it to me when I was done. She was such a big helper today. She was even helping with Max. He started crying, and she said "Max, you want me to help you find your tractors? Come on, let's go find your tractors. Ok?" He followed her into his room and she got them out of the toy box for him. He was so happy after that. Then she sat down and played with the tractors and cars with him. She did this a few times today. When he started getting upset, she would go find something he really likes and then play with him. After Bruce came home from work, I was sitting on the couch puking and she said "Daddy, Mommy needs to go home." He asked her what she meant, telling her I was already home. Then she said "No, she needs to go home to Nana's house cause Nana is her mommy. And Nana can make her feel better." I was suprised she came up with that and thought it was so sweet. She knows mommy makes her feel better when she feels sick and decided I needed my mommy to make me feel better. We needed to go to the store for a couple things. I decided to go with them and see if getting out of the house would help me feel better. We stopped and got donuts and muffins on the way there. I didn't feel like I could walk through the store, so Hailey and I stayed out in the van while Bruce and Max went in. We got the kids ready for bed as soon as we got home. They both fell asleep pretty quickly, but Hailey woke up a couple times complaining of a headache. She was also coughing alot and we heard Max coughing alot in his bed too. So I think they are both coming down with something. The last time she woke up, I thought she felt a little warm so I gave her some Motrin and she hasn't woken up since then. So I won't be setting my alarm for church tomarrow. We'll just stay home and rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hailey, your such a sweety helping your Mommy while she was sick. I love you.

The Daddy said...

Melissa at least this time you didn't get caught eating in the middle of the night!

Eric