Sunday, April 27, 2008





We've had such a busy weekend. Friday was my birthday and the kids were excited to give me my gifts right when we woke up in the morning. Hailey wanted to call everybody and invite them to come for cake and icecream. She was very disappointed when we told her we weren't going to have time today. We found a great deal on a pop up camper. We got up early and first had to stop at the bank for the loan and then went to a bunch of garage sales after that. A small town in our area has a festival every year and there are tons of garage sales that weekend. It was a very nice day and we had a great time. Max and Hailey were so good the whole time. We went to garage sales until 3:00 when we had to leave to go get the hitch put on the van. Bruce dropped me off at home so Max could take his nap and Hailey could rest before she had to go to dance class. Hailey did great in her dance class today. The teachers said she did really good and danced almost the whole time. She was very proud of herself when she came out of class. She ran up to me and told me she danced lots. We went to my favorite coney dog place and then went to pick up the camper. It was an hour away and there was a fatal accident on the way that shut down the highway for three hours. So it ended up taking us an extra hour to get there. The kids were very excited about getting the camper. They got out of their carseats and sat in the back of the van to watch them hook it up. We were very glad to see that the highway was reopened on the way back. It was late when we got home. Hailey fell asleep in the van but Max didn't. Saturday morning we got up early again and met my mom and Kimmy, Jared, and the kids to go to more garage sales. It was very cold and windy. I was glad Kimmy had extra winter hats in her car for Hailey and Max. We walked around some but the kids started getting cold so we decided to drive around to them instead. The guys stayed in the cars with the kids while Kimmy and I went to the ones we thought looked good. We had to leave by noon to go to my cousins bridal shower. Bruce took Max back home with him, and Hailey and I rode with my mom to the shower. Hailey was very excited about going to the "girl party" and we had a nice time. When we got home, daddy had the camper all set up. So we brought some toys out for the kids and spent some time in the camper this evening. When we came in, Bruce and the kids made my birthday cake. Then we had cake and icecream before getting the kids ready for bed. We got up and went to church this morning. Hailey did great going into her class today. She walked right in by herself and found a seat at the table. After lunch, I met Vikki, Kenzie, and my mom at Webkinz Day Extravaganza. They had a bunch of fun activities for the kids going on all day. Hailey is really getting into her Webkinz now and she knows how to do just about everything on it. She suprises me at how much she can do without even being able to read. She's figured out how to get to the games and play some of them and she knows how to find the gems, do the Wheel of Wow, Wishing Well, go to the clubhouse, and how to dress, feed, and bathe her pet. It's amazing how much she can do. The only thing I really have to do for her is the daily jobs cause they are all a little bit hard for her yet. Other than that, she pretty much can do everything without my help. She thought it was pretty neat to get to find "real gems" and do the "real wheel of wow". She won a couple Webkinz coupons and got to pick a prize out of the box. Nana also bought her another Webkinz. She had fun picking out the one she wanted. On the way home, she kept telling me what she wanted to name it, but every few minutes she changes her mind and names it something else. The name changed about five different times in just the fifteen minute drive home. Right when we got home, we had to get ready to leave again. Bruce was taking me out to dinner for my birthday and we called and asked my cousin, Amanda to watch the kids. We dropped the kids off at their house and then left to go to the restaurant. We had a very nice dinner and walked around town a little bit and stopped in couple of the shops. I had to get some of my favorite cookies that they make there before we left and some candy from the candy shop. We had a nice time and the kids had fun too.




Here are some pictures of our new camper.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice camper - I'm glad you posted pictures of it. It sure was a cold day Sat. I'm glad we decided to drive.