Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hailey's first visit to the dentist



Hailey showing Nana how big she opened her mouth for the dentist.









Hailey went to her first dentist appointment this morning. She did really well and even sat in the chair all by herself, even though the lady told her she could sit in my lap. She opened her mouth really wide for them and let them check and polish her teeth. She did everything they asked her to until they tried to take Xrays. And she was even doing pretty good with that until the lady told her she had to bite down harder so she could let go. Then she started crying. After trying to talk her into trying it again with no luck, she decided to wait until next time to get the Xrays. She went out to get the dentist to come check her teeth and while she was out of the room, Hailey asked me if she could choke on that thing. I told her no she wouldn't choke, and she said "But she wanted me to put it in my mouth. We shouldn't put little things in our mouths or we could choke." The dentist came in to check her teeth and said that they looked great and she didn't see any spots that she was worried about so she didn't think we should try to push it with the Xrays this time. She thought it was more important that she have a pleasant first visit so she would want to come back the next time. She got to pick out a toothbrush, pencil, and sticker. And they took her picture for their wall before she left. She smiled really big for them. Then we headed over to my mom's to finish up my laundry. Bruce just dropped us off and went back home to work on the utility room. Kimmy was there cutting Mocha's hair. Adam had just woke up from his nap so I went in and got him out of the crib. He gave me the biggest smile when I picked him up. After lunch, Kimmy and I took the kids outside to play. They had fun playing on the swing set and then in the "woods", a very narrow wooded area along the edge of their property. They were picking up sticks and walking back and forth through the trees. Max kept picking up every stick he could find and didn't want to put any down so he had his hands quite full. I loved watching them walk back and forth exploring. Adam started getting hungry so Kimmy took him in to feed him, and I sent Max in with her cause he stuck his hands in the bird bath and got his mittens all wet. I stayed out with Hailey and Jacob since they were still having fun playing outside. My mom layed Max down for a nap and he fell asleep right away. Shortly after my mom got Max down for his nap, we came inside and had Hailey and Jacob lay down to rest too. I made Hailey lay down in the bedroom cause I really wanted her to fall asleep since she was up alot last night again. She was not happy about that and cried when I left the room. She cried for a while fighting to go to sleep. Kimmy went in to check on her and tucked her in like a burrito which she really liked. She fell asleep pretty quickly after that. Jacob also fell asleep on the couch. When Max woke up, I put the Cars movie in and he sat on the couch and watched it with Papa. When Papa sat down on the couch, Max scooched right up next to him and said "Papa, I sittin by you!" At about 5:00, I decided to wake Hailey up so she could eat dinner before we had to leave for Bible study. Bruce came to pick us up and we headed to the church. The kids were excited to get to play again with their friends. Hailey has been talking about her friend, Jack, all week. When I was tucking Hailey in tonight, she asked me to tuck her in like a burrito just like Aunt Meme did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jacob really likes to be tucked in like a burrito. I'm glad Hailey liked it too. I could tell she was overtired. Glad to see you posted.