Saturday, April 5, 2008
























This morning, when Bruce got home from work, we got ready and went with him to Lowe's. He had to get a bunch of stuff for the utility room, so while he was in Lowe's I took the kids and walked over to Hobby Lobby. We found some foam sun visor hats to decorate. I had Hailey and Max each pick out which color hat they wanted and some foam stickers to put on them. Max picked out the bug stickers and Hailey picked out some flower stickers. Then we walked back to Lowe's to find Daddy. He still wasn't done with his shopping, so we walked all around Lowe's. I picked out the color of Tile flooring that I wanted for the utility room. When Bruce was finally done getting the stuff he needed, I showed him the color I picked out and it happened to be on sale so he got that today too. We were in the stores for about an hour and the kids were so good. When we got home, we ate lunch and then I put Max down for his nap. When he woke up, the kids made their hats. They loved decorating them with the stickers, and Max loved all the bugs. After they finished, we went outside to play. It was another beautiful sunny day. It was warm enough that they only needed their spring jackets. They both wanted to wear their new hats outside too. They had fun riding their cars and bikes around and playing on the swings. While I was pushing Max on the swing, he said "Push me really paster, Mommy. Just push me really super paster, wike Haywee." All day today, he's been wanting to be a timer and count to ten. Today was the first time he's counted to ten without leaving out some of the numbers. After the kids were done swinging, I got the stroller out and we went for a walk. There was a hopscotch drawn on the sidewalk so the kids got down to play on it. Hailey thought it was neat cause it was a really long one and started hopping and counting all the squares. Max counted to ten as he followed behind her. He even tried to keep counting to twenty saying the numbers right after Hailey and actually beat her when they came to seventeen saying it first. After doing the hopscotch a couple times, they got back in the stroller to continue our walk. We were having so much fun outside that I lost track of the time and we were a little late eating dinner. After dinner, I got the kids in the bathtub and then got them ready for bed. The last few nights now, Max has been wanting us to make sure he is completely covered with his blanket. Every night he'll stick one of his feet out and say "Just cubber mine nother one poot up."

4 comments:

Mom said...

Cute hats - cute kids...

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

What a great ideal to make visor hats. They turned out so cute and are so special because they made them. Such happy faces. Cute kiddos!

Anonymous said...

I meant to put mom Schaard, but forgot so it came out penny.

Anonymous said...

Cute hats. I love the pictures with their spring jackets on.