Thursday, April 17, 2008

"I just wike Papa"














Max looking at a bug and then holding it on a stick.






Max loves to balance along the bricks and then jump off.







This morning we all got ready and went to Menards. I took the kids to play in the play area while Bruce got the stuff he needed. They had fun playing in all the play houses and on the slides. Max wouldn't go down the tube slide today. Hailey wanted to really bad and kept begging him to go down with her, but he kept saying he didn't want to. She finally got brave enough to go down by herself though right before we were going to leave. She loved it and wanted to do it again. We went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. After we ate, we let the kids each pick out a candy from the gift shop. They both picked out a sucker that looked like a paintbrush and came with a small paint can filled with sugar to dip it in. I wish I would have had my camera with me cause Max's face was covered in blue while he was eating it. We also had to stop at the store to get a few groceries on the way home. Hailey and Max were both helping us get the things on our list. Hailey even remembered a couple of the things we said we needed to get. She must have heard us mention them in the van on the way there, and when she saw them in the store she ran ahead and grabbed them and put them in the cart. Max found a tractor toy and said "I wanna put dis in da cart." When we told him no, he asked "why" in a whiney voice. When we got home, Bruce started working on the utility room again. I put Max down for a nap and then layed on the couch to rest too. Hailey enjoyed watching daddy work. She liked following him out to the garage everytime he went out and was asking lots of questions. Max only slept for about an hour cause daddy was making alot of noise. He was standing in his crib crying when I went in to get him and held onto me very tight when I picked him up. He held onto me tight until I took him to show him daddy working and then he let go and wanted to watch. It was very warm today. I would have worn shorts if my summer stuff wasn't packed away still. I took the kids outside to play. We stayed out until dinnertime. Hailey got out her bike right away and wanted to wear her helmet. Max saw her putting her helmet on and said "I wanna wear a Papa hat too." He always calls them "Papa hats" cause of Papa's motorcycle helmet. We found a toddler bike helmet for Max last year at a garage sale that really does look like a motorcycle helmet. I put it on him and it fits him perfect this year. He really liked it and wore it while riding his motorcycle around. He kept saying "I just wike Papa." Max and Hailey saw a butterfly and had fun chasing it all around the yard. I was getting hot sitting outside watching the kids play. They were complaining of being hot too. We all took our shoes off and walked around barefoot. It cooled us down a little bit but I was still pretty hot, so I got out a bucket of water for the kids to play with. Max got a little water on his pants and quickly took them off cause he can't stand wet pants. Hailey then decided to take hers off too. So they were both just in their shirts and underwear sticking their feet in the bucket of water. I also got out some paintbrushes and they had fun "painting" the porch and the house. Then they started "painting" their arms and legs. Hailey said it felt good cause it cooled her down, and then asked if I wanted my arms painted. I let her and Max paint my arms and it really did feel good. I don't know what the temperature was today. I just know it was warmer than yesterday. The heat must be getting to me more because I'm pregnant because usually I don't even get too hot in 90 degree weather. That water sure did feel good though. Tonight after getting Max to bed, I got hungry for icecream and decided to let Hailey stay up and have some with us. I got out the blender and made milkshakes and with chocolate icecream, bananas, rasberries, strawberries, and chocolate chips. Hailey helped me make them adding all the ingredients. Then we took them outside to eat them. Her bike was still out so she got on and started riding it. She thought it was so neat getting to ride around outside in the dark with her pajamas on. She got pretty wound up too and was running around the house when it was time to get in bed. But she calmed down after we read books and turned out the lights. She fell asleep within a couple minutes after we left the room. Bruce was suprised to see she was asleep so quickly when he peeked in to check on her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, That shirt looks cute on Hailey. Whenever we put a dress shirt on Jacob he thinks it from you. He always says, "Meme got me dis shirt".

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MELISSA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU (SINGING). Hope we see you at the sales. Love ya!