Wednesday, April 23, 2008














































This morning, we took Champ to the vet for his heartworm check. He really fought the nurse and doctor while they were taking his blood. The vet ended up poking himself cause Champ was moving so much. And he was yelping the whole time which is something he has never done. He was fighting a little bit while he was looking in his eyes and mouth too. The vet said he doesn't blame him in his old age. He also said that Champ is looking great and you would never know he was 15 years old. The kids liked watching Champ get all checked out, and they were excited about getting a sucker when he was done and asked for one as soon as we got up to the desk. I took the kids outside to play when we got home. Yesterday, on our way to my doctors appointment, we picked up a big box that someone had put at the side of the road. I thought the kids would love to make a house out of it and paint it. So today I had Hailey show me where she wanted the windows and doors and started cutting them. After cutting a couple windows and the door, my hands started getting tired so when daddy came out, he finished and cut the rest. Then Bruce made hamburgers for lunch and we ate outside. The kids enjoyed eating at their little picnic table. When we were done eating, I got out the paints and paintbrushes, and we all had fun painting the "house". It was alot of fun. When we finished, I rinsed the kids off a little bit with the hose and then took them in to put them in the shower. After that, I put Max down for his nap, and then Hailey and I went back outside to play in the box house. We took some dolls out with us and some blankets and Hailey made a bed for them. I climbed inside with her and we had fun playing together. We ate dinner shortly after he woke up and then made hot fudge sundaes for desert. I gave them some minature M&M's and they sprinkled them on top. They thought that was great. After eating our icecream, I had them help me pick up the toys around the house and then we went back outside until bedtime. They both had fun playing in the box house together. Max would ride his car up to it and say "I gotta park mine car. Mommy look, I park it right here!"


Here are also some pictures that my mom took yesterday when she watched the kids.












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The box was a GREAT find. Looks like fun! Is Max asleep in the highchair?

Melissa said...

Oh, I must have forgot to mention that. Yes, he fell asleep in the highchair while eating his popsicle.

Melissa said...

After going back and looking at the pictures, I just realized that I put it on the wrong day. It was the next day that he fell asleep in his highchair, so that's why I hadn't written about it. I am so far behind that it's getting hard to tell which pictures to put on each day. I just assumed it was the same day cause of the orange shirt he was wearing. But now that I look closer, it is a different orange shirt.

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea to make a house out of the big box and paint it together. Great pictures. Love ya! Mom